K-sport big break kit

Sharagath

Member +
K-sport big brake kit

i can get my hands on a brand new big brake kit
according to the WWW it is only in 8pots, but supplier puts he can supply every setup.

i heard they come from the same factory as D2.

question
are these annygood?
- is 8pots overkill for sport road use with some trackdays?
- what diameters will fit in 16"wheels?
- how will this approve the handeling

Last edited:

p2d

Member +
8 pots would DESTROY the brakeing, it'll take longer to stop!

bigger brakes will take longer to heat up, and will ruin the brake bias front/rear. The maximum id go is 4pot, but some say thats overkill. Standard brake bias is about 80/20 so you need to keep it as close as possible to that, Toyota didnt pick that setting out of a hat.

If you upgrade to 4pots up front, its also recommended to get at a minimum, upgraded pads on the rear to keep the bias relativy close to stock.

Seriously, as cool as they are, dont do it. 8 pots are for heavy cars like supras and skylines running serious power (600bhp+ i'd say).

And, how would brakes effect handling, unless you mean by how heavy they are?

I've heard the kits from Wilwood are good quality and do the job well enough. You can also get the 2pot calipers from a Celica GT4 ST185 or a Levin SuperStrut to fit but they do require some work on the discs and spacers.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
the k-sport 8 pots are exactly the same as d2 8 pots, dave b sells the d2 ones, and i dont know how good they are.

but

they will only fit with 17" wheels. and that kills the feel of the starlet

Red Hot

Member +
I could have a custom fit kit made to your specs in holland for you Sharagath if you like. You know where to find me;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol yeah imagine that.

Good point what your brough up about the brake balance from front to rear P2D...

I have experienced that occasionally on my set up.. running 4 pot willwoods up front on stock disc/pads on the rear.... Generally speaking though its fine with very comfortable braking....

Sharagath

Member +
thanks for the input so far.

i have talked with my supplier, there is a 6pot 286mm disk with ferodo d2500 pads.

i would love to get some input from some one who experienced or tried some stuff.

as fare as i understand you p2d if upgrading to big brake-kit in the front you need to upgrade also the rear. if the front ones are to big you will let your car turn round his front wheels.
but what options are there for a paseo to upgrade the rear also?

p2d

Member +
Basically, you will never, ever need more than 4 pots on the front. On the rear of a Paseo standard is drums, you can replace these with the calipers from an ep82 starlet/ep91 glanza, That should be enough for normal use. If you get 4 pots up front i'd highly recommend gettin at a very minimum uprated pads on the rear, and after that get some discs aswell. You should also be looking at things like a Brake Master Cylinder Stopped, Braided lines and a decent brake fluid, DOT 4 or DOT 5.1 ideally.

If you need anymore help with this just let me know :)

Mike