K24 ?

jamesgtturbo

Member +
Right lets talk k24 as im current gaining as much information as possible at the moment on current turbo set ups .

im considering the k24 turbo as it seems to be the best all round turbo offering minimal lag but still containg agressive boost .

what will i need for a full set up on the k 24 ? so far parts on the list to collect are :

blitz k24 turbo
blitz k24 adapter plate to ct9 manifold
mild steel free flowing manifold
oil and water lines
down pipe
fmic
255 lph fuel pump
dastek unichip and turbo module
rrfpr
330 cc injectors
electronic boost controller

have i missed anything off of there or is there anything on there thats pointless ?

id love to hear some feedback from people who have experienced k 24 powered starlets

also as many pictures of the set up as possible would be much appriciated

thanks in advance james

Last edited:

dan_ep82

Member +
hey mate some stuff on list may not be needed depening on what power u want and u will only need oil lines as the k24 is't water cooled!

dan

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Savage mate thats all i can say, owned mine for 5 months at that setup till she died but i enjoyed every minute of it. When it kicks on boost its really really savage.

You wont be dissapointed.

Recently had some work done on my old K24 all will be revealed soon :)

Jeffers_21

Member +
ya forgot to put a external wastegate on the list. as far as i know they arnt actuator controlled. could be wrong tho. ;)

Damage

Member +
Check out my spec on my site mate:

www.KyokudoRacing.com/car_dmg

I'm running a K24 @ 1.1 bar (holding) and I can say its a good turbo. Ran a 12.5 @ 110mph with it and hopefully soon will be taking it down to 12.1s ;)

If you need any help let me know.

Daniel

Dan3SGTE

Member +
dan ^^^

your 1 in a million with that time on that turbo running that boost lol

Down in the UK i would say low 13's/VERY high 12's if your lucky.

steveep82

Member +
I agree with the above, if we are talking street tyres us uk goers need another 50hp at least to get near to the maltese times. K24 is similar to ct9 hybrid in terms of performance, maybe a route to consider?

Damage

Member +
I agree with the above, if we are talking street tyres us uk goers need another 50hp at least to get near to the maltese times. K24 is similar to ct9 hybrid in terms of performance, maybe a route to consider?

Dont agree with that at all. Had hybrid turbo's and they dont come close to the K24. Atleast with the current setup I have now.

@starlet3sgte - at the end of the day what I am saying it is possible to do. I've not doin anything which isnt unachievable. If you know how to setup a car on the car plus drive it well you will easily get the same times as my self !!!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
It is possible like you say BUT i personally wont go by a time made on a different strip let alone on a different strip in a different country.

I think the "real" fair way to compare times is on the same day at the same strip as weather/wind resistance etc plays a big part in milliseconds off a time......

Obviously this isnt possible to all do it at once so the same strip different day will have to do. But in Malta you guys get absolutely astonishing times which just forces my opinion to be not to compare these with UK times as i think it isnt fair/different altitudes/weather etc.

Im not right, its just my opinion/view :)

Gee

Member +
To be honest and not being rude. I don't take any notice of the Maltese times.

Benj also has a K24 so give him a shout. Best QTR he has had is a low 13 I believe also.

Damage

Member +
Its either that or else not to argue with anyone its like this...

cause were hardcoreep lives ... people running with a k24 did the same time as me from what he had told me so its not just us maltese :p

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
K24's are a superb turbo... You can get more ponies out of a TD04, but these are all about mid-range ooommpphh! Can be a bit laggy if you don't catch it right, but when you're on song, it flies! I've 'only' got 211bhp on mine (less than other's with K24's...), but it sure puts a smile on my face... :D

As for your spec list, only thing that I can see is missing is an external gate...

Damage

Member +
To be honest and not being rude. I don't take any notice of the Maltese times.

Benj also has a K24 so give him a shout. Best QTR he has had is a low 13 I believe also.

Its a shame I'm not gona be in Malta while you are here mate cause you'd be able to compare with the ones in the UK. Personally I've been in starlets in the UK and what I can say is with the same mods (atleast the ones I had been in) werent as fast.

At the end of the day everyone has his own opinion. What I know mine aint built for straight line speed and aslong as I do well at the sprint events I'm not bothered :p

Dj ep

Member +
Its a shame I'm not gona be in Malta while you are here mate cause you'd be able to compare with the ones in the UK. Personally I've been in starlets in the UK and what I can say is with the same mods (atleast the ones I had been in) werent as fast.

At the end of the day everyone has his own opinion. What I know mine aint built for straight line speed and aslong as I do well at the sprint events I'm not bothered :p

if you want to jump on a plane come to the jap show in june and your more than welcome to rag my car up the 1/4

:)

Damage

Member +
Will be there in July if the offer is still avaible. Driving it in a street I can still compare how it feels power wise to mine ;)

Joking apart .... which part in the UK are you from maybe I'll meet up with you mate ? U2U me please