Knocking / tapping noise from engine 4efte

telmodmc

Fresh Recruit
HI mates,

I have a glanza V manual it's is stock, just install a Dump Valve nothing more.

When I start my car and acelerate a litle I hear a knocking / tapping noise that comes from the engine.
But this noise just make when the engine it's cold or in the first 400m when i drive, than the noise stops. What could it be ?

I talked with friends, 1 told me it could be the oil pressure, but i think if was the oil pressure when i went to high rpm it have to make it again, but my car don't do it. other said me it could be the manifold cracked, but now i don't know what to do because i don't know wheres commig the tapping noise.

Please, someone have an idea ??

Regards,
Telmo Costa

Jay

Admin
Going on your description I'd guess it's a crack in the exhaust manifold. Once the manifold gets hot the metal expands and the crack closes.

If your oil pressure was low you'd soon know about it via other (more exciting) symptoms.

Remove the manifold cover (three 10mm bolts that will probably break) and have a look for cracks then report back bro.

Jay

telmodmc

Fresh Recruit
Hi Jay,

Today i get out the manifold protection and i couldn't see any type of crack at the front of the manifold.

:/

Regards

telmodmc

Fresh Recruit
No I didin't my downpipe is the catalyst converter, im planning to take it out and break it in interior what you think ?

The shipping to mozambique of a decat is very high

bongskag

Member +
I see the standard cat unbolts .. maybe the insides come out, if not I guess you could just grind it all out

do you have the standard manifold ? It may be worth taking it off to port runner no.3 it is very restrictive. you may also find a crack or hole at the same time. you will also have the oppertunity to port the ct9 internal wastegate to prevent boost creep in the future if you wish to run Higher boost levels.. there the only problems I can see with the standard setup

telmodmc

Fresh Recruit
I see the standard cat unbolts .. maybe the insides come out, if not I guess you could just grind it all out

do you have the standard manifold ? It may be worth taking it off to port runner no.3 it is very restrictive. you may also find a crack or hole at the same time. you will also have the oppertunity to port the ct9 internal wastegate to prevent boost creep in the future if you wish to run Higher boost levels.. there the only problems I can see with the standard setup

Yes I have the standard manifold . What do you mean to take it off? buy another manifold ? And port the ct9 internal wastegate? Can you explain it please .

Telmo

telmodmc

Fresh Recruit

Yes I have the standard manifold . What do you mean to take it off? buy another manifold ? And port the ct9 internal wastegate? Can you explain it please .

Telmo