Liquid at top radiator?

John757

Member +
Yeh, where the rad cap is and expansion chamber...along the top of there. I don't think it's anything to worry about, was just curious.

John757

Member +
No, but I washed my car earlier and it's the easiest way to define what the liquid is. Clearly not hose pipe water! Aslong as it's nothing to worry about it's all good :)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Wot if a cat did some sort of crazy peeing stunt when u weren't looking?

I've no excusse for talking crap not even drinking tonight!

Last edited:

John757

Member +
Just pulled up at work today after a good hard hours drive and when reversing in to a parking spot my colleague noticed some steam coming from out of the bonnet. Opened her up and found splashes of coolant over the EFI pipe and a few drops around the bottom of the radiator on one of the panels. The car isn't over heating and the temp gauge doesn't even go past half way. Is this common or should I be looking at something?

Jay

Admin
Seen the odd faulty thermostat result in this too John. Not expensive at £20 and well worth replacing as a maintenance item if it hasn't already been done.

John757

Member +
Cheers Jay, I'll probably have a go at that then aswell. I managed to get a video of where the coolant is on the radiator

Craig_GT

Lifer
As said above mate it could be ur rad cap as i had simliar problems, also make sure ur top rad hose is tight mate as it could also be leaking from there ;) i cant really make it out but to me it looks like the clip that should hold it on is missing? *quite hard to tell from vid tho*

Craig

Jay

Admin
Looking at the vid it looks like a damp patch around the edge of the endtank. If it persists you might find it is the seam leaking. Keep a close eye on your water level John. And that means checking the radiator level too when the car is cold.

SupaStu

Member +
Might be handy to give the area a clean down with a rag, so its easier to spot any cracks and new spills. Easier to spot faulty thing when they start clean then leak etc.