LiveSports spoiler ep82, yes or no?

livesports spoiler

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • i agree with 96v get an ironing board ;)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Reeco

Member +
Just got my Xmas bonus and want to spend in on the GT, alot of my spare money ive had since its been running again has been spent on invisble mods (fuel rail, turbo half size rad etc.) and i want to buy something i can actualy see making a difference straight away, been looking at getting a livesports spoiler but have had mixed reactions from mates, just wanted a few more opinions realy so i can decide..and cant think of a better place to ask :)

I already have mid spoiler and optional spats on the back, is a live sports spoiler going to improve the look of the back end or just ruin it? and also would it be lighter or heavier than the original spoiler?

If i dont get the spoiler i will invest in a cusco lower arm brace or c pillar bar from zisco.

227921_10150183511853280_745718279_6740296_492689_n-1.jpg

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
my opinion is lose the mid spoiler and get a toms spoiler for up top :) I was never a fan of mid spoilers, but maybe you are. On your question though, I think both the mid spoiler and livesports is a bit much. IMO one or the other :)

Reeco

Member +
i love my mid spoiler tbh and with the amount of tiger seal it has on it i dont think itll ever come off , and im realy not a fan of the toms one mainly down to the fact it isnt all that different to the original (and id want to play with it all the time;)) but cheers mate

and i think they look pretty good together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWIPyW871jI :)

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Go for it mate, I think the toms look good, but only good if you have the rest of the kit. I personally would say lose the mid spoiler but if you like it then keep it :)
Go for a livesports or HRF spoiler ;)

Reeco

Member +
Go for it mate, I think the toms look good, but only good if you have the rest of the kit. I personally would say lose the mid spoiler but if you like it then keep it :)
Go for a livesports or HRF spoiler ;)

haha yeah, definatley agree the whole toms kit together looks amazing but alone the parts of the kit realy dont flow:) yeah i prefer the HRF spoiler but have no idea where to get one...anybody got any ideas? :)

xr2i1990

Member +
It does look well but sure while your at it would you not get the phase one boot light thing... Match your wheels

SupaStu

Member +
Bigger spoiler, more weight, I think your current rear/mid spoiler setup looks spot on. I'm not a big fan of big spoilers, personal choice really. I would go for the Cusco lower arm :)

Reeco

Member +
It does look well but sure while your at it would you not get the phase one boot light thing... Match your wheels
ta mate, yeah was thinking about it for a while but to be perfectly honest im just to lazy to mess about with the wiring :p

Bigger spoiler, more weight, I think your current rear/mid spoiler setup looks spot on. I'm not a big fan of big spoilers, personal choice really. I would go for the Cusco lower arm :)

yeah that was my original logic mate, was just wondering because of the light and all that in the OEM one and wasnt sure if it was made of a heavier material?
as stupid as it sounds im not a fan of big spoiler either, i think 90% of jap cars look way better de spoilered ( s body nissans, rx7, skylines etc) but ive just always liked the livesports one on the starlet. will the cusco lower arm clear most exhaust systems easily though? ive heard some people struggle with them a bit? and with them bottoming out pretty bad?

lleey2k4

Member +
I could attempt it in paint mate lmao im useless at it tbf.

But if you make a thread requesting a photoshop someone will do it for you :)

96v

Member +
I vote stay away from the livesports spoiler, they look ridiculous! Y not save your money and just stick an ironing board on the back ;)

Jay

Admin
This should help the imagination mate :

Had the opportunity to catch a fine collection of EP82 spoilerage at the weekend, thought it was worth sharing a few pics:

spoliers008.jpg

spoliers012.jpg

spoliers010.jpg

spoliers006.jpg

spoliers007.jpg

That's (from left to right) a TOMS kitted GT, a Livesports kitted GT, a stock kitted GT and a mixture of TOMS spats, OEM duckass spoiler and Winningsports rear wing on the end. Quite an array of fibreglass eh?

Jay

Reeco

Member +
finaly decided guys, think im going to go for this sometime after xmas but for now need to sort other stuff out so going to get a cusco lower arm and maybe the c pillar bar too from zisco, as my handling is stock and honestly pretty shit at the moment, especialy in the wet:)

Reeco

Member +
lowerbrace got canceled due to being out of stock so needless to say the spoiler will be on its way to me tommorow :D