looking for new car

spadam

Fresh Recruit
Im looking at getting a startlet gt turbo after christmas and was wondering what things to look for when looking for a car. like is there any known problems etc. Im 19 and will have 2 years no claims just after christmas (fingers crossed) but i cnt find the insurnace group anywere. I love the look of the cars and the tuning potential so any info would be mch apprectiated.

Rick

Trader
I think the general insurance group seems to be 16 but with it being an import and will no doubt have modifications the book seems to get thrown out of the window and companies seem to charge whatever they like. Just get some quotes and see what they come out like.

spadam

Fresh Recruit
ok cheers sum1 else said they thought they were between 9 and 16 so il have to get some quotes. Ive also read on the forum that it is easier to insure the startlet gt turbo as apposed the glanza gt turbo. any info on what to look for when buying.

dan

Member +
one of the main problems is the syncro in 2nd gear, so when your on a test drive try and change gear pretty quick 1-2 and see if it crunches.

spadam

Fresh Recruit
thanks for all the replies. How much do startlet gt turnos usually go for seen a few for £3500 for an m reg model seems bit expensive to me or os tht just what they go for.

jamesbaa

Member +
that sounds about right to me mate, i bought my L reg and i paid £3000 for it about 3 months ago, you could get a cheaper one thou but it depends what you want, i paid a bit more than i would have liked but thats because i wanted the TOMs kit.