Looking for ultimate handling ???

Nerosis

Member +
Ive already got coilovers and LSD, but what would you buy and in what order would you buy/fit them?

Please list what you would buy for ultimate handling mods and in what order to buy and fit them?

Handling for Road use with a small pinch of track.

Currently 247bhp on td04.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
ultimate handling under what conditions? track or road? and what sort of power you have, or plan to have?

weakboy2

Member +
unfortunately a starlet will never be a "ultimate handling" car, the chassis and suspension setup is poor to start with :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
unfortunately a starlet will never be a "ultimate handling" car, the chassis and suspension setup is poor to start with :(

i have to disagree. its old skool technology, but setup right and with the right mods they can handle really well.

madman

Member +
starlets can handle extremely well once the money is put into the correct areas of the chassis yes they are not the best handling cars on the road but set up correct are very competitive in the bend's.

Sigma

Member +
Coilovers - Set to -2deg camber
Rear ARB from whiteline, and set to maximum
Yokohama S-Drives.

I run this exact setup and the results are breath taking :)

gglavin

Member +
replace all bushes with uprated ones for a start.

TRD front control arm & rear trailing arm, also drop links
Powerflex engine mounts
set the camber on the front of your coilovers
get rear ARB set on hard
good tyres like toyo888
strutbraces front & back
panhard rod & anti lift kit ( if desired )

get a good balance and your away

D34dly

Member +
Yokohama S-Drives.

I don't agree on that..
I have the tires too but not really happy with them :(
Next tires will be Falken i think ;)

@ Nerosis :

The list of gglavin looks like a good list :)
But the Toyo888 is a bit to much for road use i think :p

And maybe a Zisco X-Bar at the rear will work for you ?

Streetech

Member +
I have
BC coilovers -1.5deg camber
Cusco Lower arm bar
Standard front strut bar
Whiteline front antiroll bar
Whiteline Anti lift kit
Cusco Rear strut brace
Roll cage

All this is great for a nice smooth track or fairly smooth sprint circuit but its crap to drive on the street and my Jag handles better on the pothole covered Birmingham roads.

bumblebee

Member +
I have
BC coilovers -1.5deg camber
Cusco Lower arm bar
Standard front strut bar
Whiteline front antiroll bar
Whiteline Anti lift kit
Cusco Rear strut brace
Roll cage

All this is great for a nice smooth track or fairly smooth sprint circuit but its crap to drive on the street and my Jag handles better on the pothole covered Birmingham roads.

am thinking about goin down this route minus the roll cage and coilovers..just for road driving..is it that bad? i thought these suppose to improve handling

gglavin

Member +
am thinking about goin down this route minus the roll cage and coilovers..just for road driving..is it that bad? i thought these suppose to improve handling

that his personal opinion mate, I find it fine on the street cos I love the way the car is, totally up to you.

bumblebee

Member +
that his personal opinion mate, I find it fine on the street cos I love the way the car is, totally up to you.

ok..well, i dont plan on doin them all at once, i have a trd anti roll bar on the way...i'll drive around with it and see how it feels before i add anything else