Loose Gearstick

DavidAshton

Member +
Hopefully someone can give me an idea on this one.

I have recently noticed on my 98 Spec Glanza that the gearstick has become some what loose, as in i can move it left and right whilst in gear. It hasnt always been like this it is normally very tight.

Now ive had all the internal gear linkage bits off and checked everything on the shifter which is a TRD short shifter, all is tight and good there.

So it must be something on the gearbox side of the linkages (gearbox is fine, no crunching gear etc, all goes into gear fine)

Has anyone had this issue and solved it. Is it just a case of replacing the bushes on the gearbox side of the linkages?

If so is there a polybush version out that anyone can point me to, if not can someone explain what standard parts i need?

Thanks

mr2 rev3

Member +
It sounds like you need to change the sugar cubes As there called
Matey, there is a thread on here about changing them buddy.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Mine is the same, I think it is the actual plastic holder which the ball part of the gear stick sits in has become loose around it.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I've done both already but let us know as you say. I'm pretty sure it's the actual gear stick which is loose as it's not doing anything to the cables when in gear.