Lower control arm

gtevi

Member +
Hey guys, I'm wanting to replace both lower control arms my 95 gt they are really rusty as the rubbers are probably worse for wear too. Problem is in in aus and can't find them to buy. Only from 96 onwards. Would the glanza ones fit?? I can buy a bushes set but not a the control arm which is what I'm after, please help brothers.. other option could be to use the rust remver gel and respray. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20230328_122459.jpg
    IMG_20230328_122459.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230328_122455.jpg
    IMG_20230328_122455.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 12

gtevi

Member +
I'm not sure how bad they are yet. I'll jack it up, see if the wheels have any wobble in them and order new bushes if needed.
I've bought a can if the rust remover gel so ill give that a go and gmgo from there I suppose

Jay

Admin
The rear bushes changed in 1998 so early Glanza should fit.

Possibly best to remove and have yours sandblasted so as you can poly-bush them (I noticed the coilovers so you might appreciate the upgrade!)

Powerflex, SuperPro and possibly Whiteline (Australian based) have offered replacements in the past.

gtevi

Member +
Thanks for the info. So in your opinion the don't look too far gone to remove sandblast and repaint??
And the ball joint, would thst normally get replaced when replacing control arm and or bushes. ?

Calum122

Member +
Thanks for the info. So in your opinion the don't look too far gone to remove sandblast and repaint??
And the ball joint, would thst normally get replaced when replacing control arm and or bushes. ?
I refurbished mine a few years ago. They weren't too disimilar to yours.

LhMnF5s.jpg

2GvvUZM.jpg

etAyWPR.jpg