lsd is in !!!!!!

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
well finally the trd lsd got fitted today and for anyone who is going to attempt the job it can be annoying at times lol

it started about 9 this morning when i called out to gedis and we finished about half 5 with about a one hour break in between where we done some backyard drifting in his 320 bmw with the welded diff :p:p

un fortunately no pics as i could not find the charger for the camera but i should be able to answer any questions if anyone is stuck doing theirs so dont be shy :p:p

now the difference , off the line there is definitely reduced wheel spin and when turning at low speeds there is a slight clunk but nothing really , i went out of my way on the spin home to test it on some roundabouts and it makes a massive change here it pulls me around the corner rather than sliding away from it , i didnt do as much testing as i like as im hungry and going to the pics shortly so didnt have time but first impressions are very good :rockon::rockon:

i must say a big thanks to GEDIS who done most of the work today he is very talented and once he stays off the vodka very nice to deal with :p:p

and finally after just ordering powerflex mounts for the car yesterday we found out i have trd mounts already in the car that are in great condition and a lightened flywheel also that i never knew about :homer::homer: so keep your eyes out for a sale thread soon and thanks for reading :rockon::rockon:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
well done do you feel a good difereance with it now .does it pull straight when on accellaration

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
well done do you feel a good difereance with it now .does it pull straight when on accellaration

no it actually feels ok on acceleration there is a small pull when changing hard or if you let off the power but nothing major but as i said more testing will be done tomorrow:)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
no it actually feels ok on acceleration there is a small pull when changing hard or if you let off the power but nothing major but as i said more testing will be done tomorrow:)

cheeers keep me up to date lad.are yous going drag racing next week?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
cheeers keep me up to date lad.are yous going drag racing next week?

will do and as for drag racing i never even seen a 1/4 mile strip lol , its something that doesnt bother me now but when i go forged ill make a few runs alright :)

gedis

Member +
no probs mate, its good to help fellow member :cool: call up tomoro and we get them seatbelts done, how did you got on on the way home with that ct9 glanza?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
no probs mate, its good to help fellow member :cool: call up tomoro and we get them seatbelts done, how did you got on on the way home with that ct9 glanza?

ya will call up tomorrow ant some stage for sure and how do you think i got on :p:p

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
was just talking to ronan he said, he's joining up pro drift :haha:

prodrift lol he must be the worse backyard drifter in the world he stalled while the car was rolling and tried to take off in third in more than one occasion my mum would do better :p:p

im getting better though a few more sessions and ill be as good as you ,, backyard drifting FTW :rockon::rockon:

finx

Member +
glad to hear you got it sorted. they make a huge difference in handling and all round grip thats for sure.

what method did you use to set the pre-load on the diff bearings?
did you shim the LSD or put it in straight from the box?

cheers
Ryan

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
glad to hear you got it sorted. they make a huge difference in handling and all round grip thats for sure.

what method did you use to set the pre-load on the diff bearings?
did you shim the LSD or put it in straight from the box?

cheers
Ryan

i got the lsd from zisco and it came with new bearings fitted already so didnt have a problem there :rockon::rockon:

gedis

Member +
my ct9 beat him cause he drives like a sissy diff or no diff:p:haha:

them leeds helped you alot, thei alone would beat any td04 car. your car badly needs to tighten the alternator belt and release the power steering belt alot, cause you wreck power steering pump bearings, i think you tightened the wrong belt and its way too much.