mapped at west ward 2day..very disapointed

rwdstarlet

Member +
td04, with power fc at 1.1 bar boost... only made 197bhp flywheel 147whp 177flb t.
i was under the impression it would be around 215-225.:confused:

But i guess with the super safe map:mad: martin put on her it only made that so nw i must do wat i should of dun at da start and bring her up to ecc. the car was and il sware down on this faster with the standard ecu in at 1bar. i paid him to make my car slower.really disapointed wnt ever be going back.

i wish i got it dynod on da standard ecu b4 he mapped da power fc. cos then id have proof he made it slower.

pig666eon

Member +
td04, with power fc at 1.1 bar boost... only made 197bhp flywheel 147whp 177flb t.
i was under the impression it would be around 215-225.:confused:

But i guess with the super safe map:mad: martin put on her it only made that so nw i must do wat i should of dun at da start and bring her up to ecc. the car was and il sware down on this faster with the standard ecu in at 1bar. i paid him to make my car slower.really disapointed wnt ever be going back.

i wish i got it dynod on da standard ecu b4 he mapped da power fc. cos then id have proof he made it slower.

not a great result man but how does it drive? figures arent everything but i would prob spend the extra few quid and head up to ecc just be sure

rwdstarlet

Member +
not a great result man but how does it drive? figures arent everything but i would prob spend the extra few quid and head up to ecc just be sure

it drives fluppin slower than it used to ,,it used spin 1st 2nd when turbo kicked in nw it hardly spins first.. i used to get 170km from my gate to my neighbours nw with my grate new remap i get 145km and its boosting more...im just sickend truely sickend.

Derek

Lifer
westward map the cars very very safe, tdp in wicklow are very good they would get the full potential from your car.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Martin is a very safe tuner,but thats why he's stlll around i guess.
I use him for power runs but id get ECC or Chris to map it

Those calculations seem wrong though,25% lss through transmisson,isnt it usally around 17% or so?

When i had mine done it made 223FWHP/198.7WHP/200.8 ft lbs of torque,that was at martins too
Did he not say it was down on power a bit?

Read the other reviews in this section and you will get an idea of what tuners are good are who are bad. From what I have heard, Martin is a good tuner but he is VERY safe

RS-Ronan

Member +
Get onto John in WCP.
he's very good and his dyno is spot on with its results!
he did Popsy's car lately and he's delighted with it.

sx_turbo

Lifer
every body is saying it's good he maps them safe but to be fair, safe can sometimes be just as bad as pushing it to the limit.

a well tuned car has no greater chance of going bang than a car tuned on the safe side.

themapper just needs to know what he's doing.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ah man you still went there after hearing all the time he was super safe i mean safe is boring lol , at least its lesson learned anyway, you should definitely go too wcp man a great setup he has and he will get the most out off the car for ya , i can talk to ya saturday night anyway about it :):)

rwdstarlet

Member +
ah man you still went there after hearing all the time he was super safe i mean safe is boring lol , at least its lesson learned anyway, you should definitely go too wcp man a great setup he has and he will get the most out off the car for ya , i can talk to ya saturday night anyway about it :):)

hopefully shel be remapped again by saturday lad...i mite be getting it done by chris friday.long trip up but so worth it.

rwdstarlet

Member +
Martin is a very safe tuner,but thats why he's stlll around i guess.
I use him for power runs but id get ECC or Chris to map it

Those calculations seem wrong though,25% lss through transmisson,isnt it usally around 17% or so?

When i had mine done it made 223FWHP/198.7WHP/200.8 ft lbs of torque,that was at martins too
Did he not say it was down on power a bit?

wel he was kinda making exuses, saying my speedvision manifold is very restricive, and that td04s are crap, and my speed sensor mite be gone.

Boab

Member +
well thanks for picking up the phone and telling me. I'll cancel your booking for friday then.