Mapping near London area for e-manage?

Glanza Phil

Member +
i gave up with ppl round this way i kept gettin let down or ripped off so im off up to nick @ tuning developments on sunday for someone i trust

GTdan

In The Closet
as phill said, nick at tuning developments has mapped many, aswell as sorting out the majority of the north west, theres people come from scotland, south england etc for him to map - he maps on live road -theyfore costs are cheaper compared to a rolling road - charges around the £180 to map - rolling road ones are around the £250-300 plus mark.
What he doesnt know about mapping starlets...aint worht knowing lol

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Best thing is ask dave where he takes his cars.
I went to engine advantages, good job i got it done befor they closed down

RobSR

Member +
as phill said, nick at tuning developments has mapped many, aswell as sorting out the majority of the north west, theres people come from scotland, south england etc for him to map - he maps on live road -theyfore costs are cheaper compared to a rolling road - charges around the £180 to map - rolling road ones are around the £250-300 plus mark.
What he doesnt know about mapping starlets...aint worht knowing lol

its all very well it being cheaper, but your never going to get as good a map on the road, as you would on an RR

sx_turbo

Lifer
Best thing is ask dave where he takes his cars.
I went to engine advantages, good job i got it done befor they closed down

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i have never seen a good map from engine advantages, when ever you take them to other tuners, they can always make the map miles better, i had a car mapped by him and was unimpressed, my mate also hacd his car tuned by him, and it was bloody dangerous my mate was lucky he didnt have further damage, a work colleague of mine took his cossie down there and that was running super rich, he took it elsewhere got the mixture leaned out a bit, and made an extra 100bhp, and i have spoke to and heard of a fair few others who were highly unimpressed with his work also, the bloke was a complete retard,

Phil

Super Moderator
its all very well it being cheaper, but your never going to get as good a map on the road, as you would on an RR

true. obviously dependant on the mapper. we took a car to the dyno recently that had been mapped on the road, had alot of hours spent on it(just ask chris!) which would have cost a bomb to take the time on a dyno(though you would probably map it quicker on a rr no doubt about it) and the fellas at the dyno were more than impressed with the map/afr.

but there is alot more to replicating onroad loads etc on a dyno than just taking her down the road obviously. alot of mappers tune on a rr and tweak/check on the road.

mostly it comes down to access and costs. over here to hire a decent dyno its 100quid an hour! so its easy to see why someone like nick can make money from just buying a laptop and learning an ecu! would he be in business at all if he had to buy a dyno? i doubt it.

road mapping works especially if you know someone with a wideband and technical wisdom.

rollingroad mapping works aswell - alot more professional, less time consuming, alot safer!!, but a BIG bit more expensive.

the opinions differ on this one ofcourse. but it all comes down to what is availible, how much it costs and how good your mapper is.

Phil