max power from a ct9?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
what is the max power i can get out of my ct9? without it breaking? standard internals an tmic, what would be possible? how much bar? an what will i have to do/buy to accomplish it just until i upgrade my engine at the end of the year?

any ideas?

lingl9z

Member +
what is the max power i can get out of my ct9? without it breaking? standard internals an tmic, what would be possible? how much bar? an what will i have to do/buy to accomplish it just until i upgrade my engine at the end of the year?

any ideas?

0.7 - 0.8 bar i'd say wouldnt go higher on tmic + won't need fcd / rrfrp either as it'll be below fuel cut, Standard mani? port it atleast.

Rich.

1bar

Member +
you are looking between 180hp to 200hp with supporting mods. It all comes down to the tuning to see how long it lasts. No tune you run a risk of your engine having and early retirement.

TomS

Lifer
180ish atf @ 1 bar but you'll need at least an rx7 tmic, front mounted filter, actuator, mani, decat, cat back, rrfpr and fcd. Emb or emu will add 10bhp more

danb87

what is a emb emu? and if i was to get a fmic, what sort of mani? ive already got a decat with side exit. what does the fcd do? is that pretty good power out of the ct9 then?

sanchez

Member +
emb is emanage blue
emu is emanage ultimate

piggyback ecus mate :D

A few of the traders do good manis, sps, zisco, wepr etc...

Why not get a hybrid ct9 mate?

Fcd is fuel cut defence, when raise boost you hit fuel cut...

Last edited:

danb87

emb is emanage blue
emu is emanage ultimate

piggyback ecus mate :D

A few of the traders do good manis, sps, zisco, wepr etc...

Why not get a hybrid ct9 mate?

Fcd is fuel cut defence, when raise boost you hit fuel cut...

to be honest mate, im going to have a complete setup done at end of year fully forged etc bigger turbo, but thought id try an make the ct9 somin a little better for now. what sorta costs isit to upgrade the ct9 to push it to a good level to run then? an ive got a ruff idea on the end of year build ££££££s lol

TomS

Lifer
Ported stock mani which you can do yourself £0
Mesh the turbo £8
Hks actuator @1 bar £50
rx7 tmic £70
Sard RRFPR £80
Hks fcd £50
Set up on the rollers £60
You should be getting 170-180 bhp with this setup

Total cost £318

danb87

Ported stock mani which you can do yourself £0
Mesh the turbo £8
Hks actuator @1 bar £50
rx7 tmic £70
Sard RRFPR £80
Hks fcd £50
Set up on the rollers £60
You should be getting 170-180 bhp with this setup

Total cost £318

would a fmic be better mate? best [lace to get these parts? n what bout a ecu?

TomS

Lifer
The spec list i posted (which is mine) is on a budget if you wanted to you could spend a lot more.

An rx7 tmic will handle a bar of boost fine

You could get a piggyback ecu but the gains would be minimal imo (10 hp) for the amount of cash outlayed

danb87

where wud i pick them items up at that price then, also mesh the turbo? that good for it? an i wouldn know how to port a mani so what would that involve doin? what you car runnin? bhp? bar?

sanchez

Member +
You could get a piggyback ecu but the gains would be minimal imo (10 hp) for the amount of cash outlayed

True but if hes planing for a forged bigger turbo build later on hes going to need a piggyback ecu so may as well get a EMU, unless your going to go standalone Dan?

danb87

True but if hes planing for a forged bigger turbo build later on hes going to need a piggyback ecu so may as well get a EMU, unless your going to go standalone Dan?

i wil be getting a ecu with the new build an new setup not to bothered atm as this is only temporary but nearer the time i will be purchasing the full works, with the actuators you can adjust them to 1.1bar i will have to change that wont i when runnin more power with the new build etc.

TomS

Lifer
where wud i pick them items up at that price then, also mesh the turbo? that good for it? an i wouldn know how to port a mani so what would that involve doin? what you car runnin? bhp? bar?

Most of those parts can be had from the for sale section on here (beware of dodgy dealers). The fpr can be had from RHD Japan. meshing the turbo was the cheapest option available to me at the time. Many members on here have meshed turbos. Mine has been meshed for the last 30k and i have experienced no adverse effects apart from it being a bit loud. Chris@CCM sells ported manifolds for £80, a ported mani is a better option imo because it is less likely to crack than most aftermarket manis. My car was running a bar but due to a fucked fpr sold to me by someone on here i have reverted back to 0.7 bar until i can get my new fpr

danb87

how would i go about meshing it? an when you say its loud whats loud bout it? are they good mani for £80 bein that cheap n all. do they last? an rrfpr get from a trader? what bout the actutor?

TomS

Lifer
how would i go about meshing it? an when you say its loud whats loud bout it? are they good mani for £80 bein that cheap n all. do they last? an rrfpr get from a trader? what bout the actutor?

Get a metal sieve from tesco cut out a circular section and jubelee clip it onto the turbo, simples. The sound from the turbo is a lot louder, it sounds cool though. A ported mani is as good if not better than most aftermarket manis being sold for the ct9, my stainless mani lasted 1 month the ported one has been going strong for the last 3 months. RHD Japan are the cheapest for Sard rrfprs. There's a few actuators being sold in the for sale section for around the £50 mark. But as i said before you could spend so much more if you want to

TomS

Lifer
If you are running above 0.8 bar an uprated mani is essential.

Heres my attempt at a meshed turbo works fine

100_0443.jpg

The mesh should be fine enough to stop any debris getting in and shattering the blades. You could abandon the mesh idea and just get a filter relocation kit and a filter but that includes more £££

danb87

If you are running above 0.8 bar an uprated mani is essential.

Heres my attempt at a meshed turbo works fine

100_0443.jpg

The mesh should be fine enough to stop any debris getting in and shattering the blades. You could abandon the mesh idea and just get a filter relocation kit and a filter but that includes more £££

how hard is it to mesh the turbo off mate? does it take long an is it hard to get to? involve removing much?