Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes Both

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Afternoon,

Who here does the work to their cars?

Who fits all the components (Manifold, Exhaust, Turbo etc)

And is it easy enough if you have instructions?

Post your views and answers.

Rory

Lifer
Sometimes both.

It all depends really, most of the time i do the work myself, but if i need something done asap i get a friend to to it. He has is own garage and rally cars for a living, plus he is sound, plus he is trust worthy.

Rory

ragz

Member +
i always do things on my car dont trust garages round here

from headgaskets to fitting the lsd all done by myself with help off affy

Jay

Admin
Do what I can myself and with assistance from local Starletheads. We help each other best we can. :gt-smilie:

Glanza-V

Banned
Me and My Bro.... Usually get to the JOB If needed. Then we call in BACK UP* if we are stuck

*Mates that are mechanics!

Idrees

Banned
My and my brother do 99% of work on our cars ourselves. Maybe a hand from a cousin whos a mecahnic sometimes. My bro is more mechanically minded (hes done 2 engine swaps) and I'm more bodywork minded :)

riko666

Member +
I need to build up more confidence and exprience before I start tinkering with major engine components...so far the most I have done is install the Coilovers on my car

ChrisGT

Member +
Do the majority of it myself, but have taken it to a garage recently to cut out my centre silencer and weld in a straight pipe as i dont have any welding gear.

Have kyb shocks and tein springs to fit but i would need a spring compressor, my dad has some dodgy looking spring clamps but god knows how old they are and i cant be bothered risking it, so will probs take it to a garage.

TRD

Member +
I can do manifolds, turbos, exhausts, gauges, boost controllers, SAFC2, dump valve, RRFPR, FCD. Figured it all out as I went along.