MeisterR empty your inbox + problem..

D34dly

Member +
Hello,

I have a set now for a year.. and at the rear i can't lower it because it's stuck..
Can't move it a bit..

Do you have a idea ? I'm getting really crazy about it..
And what does a one rear coilover cost?

Greetings,
Jeroen

Rory

Lifer
Are you reffering to the lock rings or the main body itself?
Leave it for a night soaking in WD40 or something similar then give it another go. Use a hammer to give the c-spanner a quick sharp hit, should free off after that.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Clean the threads up on the body then cover them in wd40 and try shifting them. When fitting the coilovers it's a good idea to cover them in grease to prevent this happening.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Happens eventually to all coilovers, my rear D2's are the same and will not adjust no matter how long i leave them soaking or what preasure i apply.

D34dly

Member +
i'm getting all the rings loss.. but not the one so i can lower the car.. it's stuck as hell..
wd40 been there.. hamer done that.. i got it 2,5mm down.. but now no movement :( any more :(

Main body it self won't go lose :(

MeisterR

Lifer
Right, the C-spanner have 2 holes on there so you can attach a breaker bar to help getting the rings loose.
Once that is loose, then it should be easier.

If you got down a little bit and then it is stuck, it mean some debris may have got into the thread.
wind them back out and clean it up, and if it is possible, remove it from the car and clean it up.

This is one of those time where you need to be easy on the coilovers and don't force it.
You don't want the debris to cut the thread up...

Inbox clear now so let me know if there are anything I can help.

D34dly

Member +
i had the coilover already of and still can't get it loose.. not with the wd40 not with hamer.. :( it's really really stuck..

dac69er

Super Moderator
on my old D2's i had to use a pair of massive stilson wrenches to get them loose. had to seriously give them some shit to get them loose.

MeisterR

Lifer
i had the coilover already of and still can't get it loose.. not with the wd40 not with hamer.. :( it's really really stuck..

Have you try the breaker bar on the C-spanner.
Getting that rings off is hard work... so lots of lube.

Also, check the thread to make sure nothing got stuck in them... a tiny rock is all you need to really cause some serious damage.
Get brake cleaner and clean those thread out before trying to undo that collar.

Also, let it sit... once you spray WD40, let it sit at least 1-2 hours before attempting to undo the collars.

weeJohn

Lifer
Screw it back to where it was and then clean the threads above it, its picked up some shite in the threads and thats why it wont keep going the way you want it to. Take the shock off the car and the spring off the shock to allow you to get at it all the way round. When you get it loose, clean all the threads with a wire brush to remove anything loose before putting the rings back to where they were, and use copper or other resiliant grease on the threads as well.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ive used black tape on mine too stop any crap building up on the threads. bit of wd40 an some applied strengh should loosen them.

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive used black tape on mine too stop any crap building up on the threads. bit of wd40 an some applied strengh should loosen them.

that is not a bad idea. probably best to remove it after the winter months though and give it a proper clean and a bit of a lube before re-applying the tape.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
that is not a bad idea. probably best to remove it after the winter months though and give it a proper clean and a bit of a lube before re-applying the tape.

yea mate, a good friend who passed away earlier this year taught me that. :)