**Meshing Turbo**

GT_Irl

Member +
tesco chip pan guard mesh in the short term! (flakes after about two weeks though which isnt good). Kon can source the proper stuff that doesnt flake so maybe drop him a pm...

jamesbaa

Member +
I just pinched my mum's seive, cut out a section then jubily clipped it on!

Last edited:

keirz

Member +
i dont really see the benifits of meshing as your actually reducing and restricting the intake size.

also the compressor spins at around 2000 revs per second. thats per second, do you wannna risk a small bit of grit getting in there?

GT_Irl

Member +
honestly mate all the above are good suggestions but if it was me I would be getting stuff that was guarnteed not too flake...ie the mesh actually designed for this purpose! As mentioned above the turbo blades spin very fast, the smallest flake off that mesh could do untold damage and over time could really really mess up your turbo. Just my 2 cents

Big_Daddy

Member +
honestly mate all the above are good suggestions but if it was me I would be getting stuff that was guarnteed not too flake...ie the mesh actually designed for this purpose! As mentioned above the turbo blades spin very fast, the smallest flake off that mesh could do untold damage and over time could really really mess up your turbo. Just my 2 cents

True say, (think my turbo already dieing lol). Just temp thing till i get reloaction kit for it.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Personally i have learnt my lesson with regards to running a meshed turbo on a daily runner after seeing the sump when it was removed i wont be running a meshed turbo after the grit and contaminated substances found stuck and almost glued to the surface of the sump inside. Was like a viscious tar at the bottom obviously from the fact that i did not have proper filtration all the dust and god knows what else found it way through and too the bottom of the sump.

Each to their own as some have run meshed turbos for years and years this was just a personal experience and one i dont want to repeat !

GT_Irl

Member +
Personally i have learnt my lesson with regards to running a meshed turbo on a daily runner after seeing the sump when it was removed i wont be running a meshed turbo after the grit and contaminated substances found stuck and almost glued to the surface of the sump inside. Was like a viscious tar at the bottom obviously from the fact that i did not have proper filtration all the dust and god knows what else found it way through and too the bottom of the sump.

Each to their own as some have run meshed turbos for years and years this was just a personal experience and one i dont want to repeat !

aye, when done right with right mesh I think it works a treat! I think one of the malta lads should put up a link where to get it or even one of the malta based traders could have it as a product....HINT HINT!:p

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
aye, when done right with right mesh I think it works a treat! I think one of the malta lads should put up a link where to get it or even one of the malta based traders could have it as a product....HINT HINT!:p

lmao!

just normal ironmonger!! the one i got was from a piece of mesh i found in my garage dunno where it came from

CIMG0392.jpg

in theory id say its a bit restrictive...