Misfiring after forged rebuilt

glanza2281

Member +
Hello,

I got my engine forged a few weeks back and since then I notice that the engine starts misfiring as soon as it goes past 1.0bar. I used to run 0.99 to 1.0bar on my previous setup and it used to run fine.

I use a precision wastegate with a 1 bar spring in it. The wastegate is supposed to open at 1 bar but when i do reach 1 bar engines starts some kind of misfiring. I talked abt it to my mechanic and he says that its because this new setup need a new map. I fully agree that if I wish to run higher boost i need a remap but here am running same boost level.

the only changes are as follows:-

stock compression Ross forged rods but had to bore out to 74.5mm
Scat rods
ported and polished cylinder head
adjustable cam gear
and i changed the haed gasket to a metal one so that now its a 1.4mm instead of stock.
I already have emu.

Anyone with similar prob? cn this be sorted by only a remap...or is it soemthing to do with map sensor?

I dont have air/fuel ratio gauge.

Jay

Admin
A remap will tailor the tune to suit the increased efficiency. If something else is causing your misfire your tuner should soon pick it up and inform you.

grum-glanza

Member +
a ticker head gasket will lower the compression of the engine i'd get on to your mechanic it could be very dangerous to run even a bar if not setup right i no ross pistons are strong but if the air/fuel ratio is a way off it will destroy the engine