mitsi eclipse turbos?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i never seem to see these i think ive ever seen 1 in my life..

but i really like them and think they look / sound sweet. i love the 1 from 2 fast 2 furious lol sounds awesome.

anyone else like these and are they rare?

SaRfI

Member +
yes mate they are preety nice and rare cars ..
i know a lad from gym who drive it. it sounds awesome :rockon:

starbogt

Member +
the sound track wasn't the eclipse on fast and furious they dubbed an integra turbo over(what I heard anyway) but they are an awesome car all the same don't understand why they're not imported more!

I dont think the third generation of eclipses had turbos like the one in 2 fast 2furious.The ones before that had many options I was after one 2 generation one with 2 litre turbo 4wd it was a gsx.Problem was there only made in the states ,left hand drive only and the fact it had a chocolate gear boxes like all mitsubishi's to soft.

MAD_MO

Member +
my cousin drives a red one. they have the evo 3 engines in them and are pretty quick. they look really nice too. very rare as i have only ever seen his.

dantheman

Member +
yep they have early evo lump but with smaller tubro, common as muck in the u.s, very rare over here suprisingly,

Monkfish

Member +
I had a toy with one of these a while back...

'92 shape

5979-1992-Mitsubishi-Eclipse.jpg

Not sure what it was running, but it wasn't overly fast. Nice looking though, was Ferrari type of red with white rims. :)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
where they not made in japland then? surely there must be some righthand drives around.. well that kinda sucks!.

and what a con if they dubbed a sound of a car lol? how stupid.

ok they might be fwd but still wouldnt put me off one because i think they look kinda sweet. you must be able 2 do a engine swap for one with a nice turbo? surely a new evo 9 engine would fit :D

hardcoreep

Member +
The one in F and F was 2nd gen turbo. The one in the sequel 2F2F was a 3rd gen no turbo. They were made in the US as diamond star motors (Eclipse/Eagle Talon) and shipped back to japan, but sales sucked because you had the Lancer Evolution/Galant, which drivetrain it used. It comes with a 4G63 so you can get gobs of power out of it.

petbeemer

Member +
2 for sale on the mlr
and they are 4g63motors but not evo which is why power is crap(stock) and they crankwalk like f**k

Timmy

Member +
never heard of any rhd turbos. And all the turbos i've come across were fwd. Can you get a 4wd rhd even if it's not turbo than you can put on a tubo and have a proper car.

sx_turbo

Lifer
crank walk is literally what it says, for some reason when driven hard the crank breaks fre and goes for a stroll resulting in majour engine damage.

Boostglutton

Member +
For the money you would spend sourcing one and making it fast / handle / stop / look good you may aswell go and buy a DC5 mate.:)

Dave.

Member +
crankwalk is lateral movement of the crank... prone to taking the crank sensor out, causing problems unknown (i've seen backfiring, stalling and complete failure due to it)

fixed with a new thrust bearing apparently :-/

Dave

Adam_Glanza

Member +
na i no its alot of hassle to do i just wondered why there arent very many around but i guess that explains it..

and yes i want a dc5 there so sexy but im only 18 so i cant insure it lol :mad:

saw a well sexy one on the net somewhere was a nice sonic blue kinda colour i want my old dear 2 buy it so i can have it off her haha