Mot decatted td04 Glanza worries

tobiah

Member +
Mot is at end of month and place said my Glanza will def fail.

Will it be on the system and what's my options as I have a td04 setup? U think I can get a cat welded where the decat is and them removed when I have mot.

Would u try put it through? Should I go to a performance garage? Or anyoneone know somewhere good nearish Manchester?

Just wanna get through without hassle if going ct9 again cos would have to buy mani etc again!

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
go to a diffrent place easy and dont say the car has no cat just say nothing about it u should be fine mot over hear is harder and we can pas with no cat

ALaN

Member +
if you have a screamer pipe would the emissions from the back box be less at the revs they test them at?

thechomper

Member +
i just had my car NCT'd ,the Irish version with full staight through ,they only tested on low idle as it was pre 93 ,pass rate was 3.5 my car read .25 ,just make sure the engine is really piping hot beforehand,a good long drive before you get it tested

Jay

Admin
Where's Sham when ya need him?

The low idle test should be all they test mate and if the emissions are over the required range dial out some fuel from your idle. Just remember to dial it back in before you go boosting off into the sunset.

Jay

tobiah

Member +
so worst comes to worse and I fail I can take to nick for him to change the map on idle then take it back to restore the old map?