Moving on...

Nippon

Member +
Hi Guys

After 6 years of ownership i have decided to part with my Glanza.
Sad times.

Really dont want to let it go but I got a promotion at work and I am doing loads of motorway miles.
The mileage is going up and up on the Glanza and its loud and rides hard. Not fun at 6/6.30am.
When i bought it I was only doing 5 miles to work and back so it wasnt a problem but thats not the case anymore.
Would love to keep it as a weekend toy but I cant afford to run 2 cars at the moment.

Here is a pick of the Glanzas replacement:
media.jpg

Its a BMW 320ci Coupe with M-Sports handling pack and limited edition 'Nappa' leather interior.

And a couple of pics of the beloved Starlet:
DSC_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Currently TD04 running 233bhp.

Beemer is gonna seem big and lumbering compared to the Starlet, even with the handling pack, but at least it will be comfortable and practical for work.

Been through so many ups and downs with the Starlet and it has been a massive part of my life.
Not sure what i will do with it yet.
Sell it as it is, put it back to CT9 @ 1bar 175bhp and sell TD04 bits or put it back to as standard as possible and sell all performance parts.
Or worst case scenario. Break it completely.

I dont plan on leaving the forum or anything as I use it so much. I definatly wanna get another one as a track toy one day too. ;)

Anyway. Thanks for reading. Comments welcome.
Matt D

Tanz

Lifer
Awh it aint easy is it,,growing up and moving on and choosing practicality over passion..... I think we all inevitably face that decision one day,,,as much as we fight it..;)
That Glanza is a credit to you and its brilliant youll be staying around... :)

The BM looks tidy though and i could nearly bet my cotton socks youll be back in ep again one day.... Just bit of advise go for an ep82 next time and leave those glanzas to the hairdressers lol ;).....

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Break it right back to standard. If you do the figure's you'll see you will earn about 80% of it back,just takes time.

I've had a few different cars between ownership of starlets over the years and I found it very hard to find a car you'll like. As I am now I find starlets to be great economical cars but I'm at a stage where I want to buy a car and just drive it.

Something like a DC2,DC5 or an Evo would suit me at the minute I think. Nice power,comfort and handling,all I have to do is tax and insure it.

Lets see how long before you get bored of the BMW :)

Nippon

Member +
Thanks Tanz & Marko.

Yeah I will probably get bored of the Beemer but as Tanz says its all about practicality.

What do you need to have driving licence wise in order to tow a car on a trailer? Anyone know?

rage

Lifer
that beemer will treat you well on the long roads but you will surely miss the lil rocket on them rural bendy roads

Jay

Admin
Sorry to hear it but life moves on unfortunately and you have to move with it. At least you are keeping an open perspective on a return, that's always a good thing!

Hope she finds another good owner who can enjoy her as much as you have.

Jay

Nippon

Member +
I know mate. Im gutted really. But as Jay says... life moves on and I gotta move with it.
I have learned a massive amount about these cars since owning one so I can look forward to a time when I can buy a cheap one that i can just strip to the bare essentials for use on a track. A real budget blaster like Jays old Trackstar that I can just trailer to places.
At the moment though i need the money to pay for the Beemer i have just bought. Lol.

Thanks for the link BTW. According to that I would be able to tow a Starlet on a trailer as long as the combined weight of whats on tow doesnt exceed the weight of the towing vehicle.
So if i have understood it correctly...
Starlet (850kg) + Trailer (??? say 500kgs) + towing car (1750kgs) = 3100kgs which is allowed. Yes? Lol.

Last edited:

Nippon

Member +
Lol. Cheers Malc. You decided to move on and come back later yourself so that makes us both gay. Haha. :p