my carbon bonnet

wee-jo

Member +
Seeing as how I'm a paid member now, might aswell use the privileges!

So after some twatish women wrecked the front end of my car, decided to buy a c/f varis bonnet rather than returning to standard.

This was the first step

20808035a8747594157l.jpg

Old bonnet was a goner so into the skip it went.

Next, we had to take the old crash bar out and landing panel as these were wrecked aswell

20808035a8747594293l.jpg

After a quick mcd's we went back to it and pulled the aircon out aswell

20808035a8747594549l.jpg

By this time it was some ridiculous hour, probably 2am, we "started" it at 1pm aswell

20808035a8747594412l.jpg

The reason for the huge delay was trying to get the alignment perfect, so the new landing panel had to fit perfect, although it didnt in the end so we did the best we could. Right so new crashbar in, front bumper back on after some quality touch up work by moi with 2 halfords pens and this is how it looked minus the c/f bonnet

20808035a8747594666l.jpg

Eventually we finished it at 4am, not bad for a first time by a group of bodywork virgins!!

20808035a8747594760l.jpg

So this is how it stands today, all it needs now is a "proper" respray and alignment and it'll be good as new!!:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

wee-jo

Member +
Nice work mate, great stuff. Cant wait to get a cf bonnet on my ep82!

And f*ck me, is that your own private garage??

Nah mate, its my mates garage, his dad owns a removal business so needs the space eh, this one holds bout 10 cars easy with a spray booth and 2 ramps, and the one on the other side of the yard has 2 pits but is just a wee bit smaller

wee-jo

Member +
Wow that front end looks awesome mate, nice work!

Thanks pal, although the bumper and bonnet still needs aligned and the front could do with a respray, if you look at the car side on you can see its not aligned but its not bad for a first time. Fancy making a roadtrip and sorting it for me:p!!

wee-jo

Member +
I'm sure he won't mind me saying that it wasn't a million miles away from £1k :eek:

Looks truly awesome though, can't deny that! :)

Don't be silly, I wouldn't pay 1k for a bonnet, it was actually £999.99!! Nah I think it was like 972 or something like that. It keeps the tmic so cool though, it is an amazing peice of kit.