My ek9 accident, 4 days!!

y3Lo

Member +
well as some of you may know, i picked my ek9 up friday, and it was MINT, immaculate condition inside and out.

From this:
07062009583.jpg

to this in 4 days:
29092009029.jpg

29092009030.jpg

29092009031.jpg

29092009034.jpg

safe to say im ****in sick, was on my way to work this morning, bus parked on opposite side of road so i slowed when passing anyway, the woman waiting behind the bus must have thought to hell with it and went for it, straight into me, i swerved to avoid as you can see by pics. she went across a solid white line, i had right of way, you can see my car up on the kerb, it hadnt been moved when those pics were taken.
had the car 4 days and this, cant describe how i feel. was livid at the time, still am very angry.
she wouldnt admit liability at the time, though it's pretty clear cut from my point of view, bus driver wouldnt be a witness nor would a passer by.
im waiting to hear from the body shop tomorrow whether they decide to write it off or not, i hope to god they dont as it's a stunning ek9 and i dont know if e'd ever find a replacement like it.

got an s2000 courtesy car, but thats the only good thing to come of it. would much rather have the 9 intact and this never happened.

anybody know how well these stand up in accidents? and how easy are parts to get etc? guy said they need to put it on the jig and check it's all square still and take it from there.

:(

wesgt

Lifer
ah that should be an easy fix i reckon! count yourself lucky, i had my type r 4 days and it was stolen and never recovered. that was last april and insurance company are being cunts and haven't paid me yet!

sx_turbo

Lifer
should be easily fixed that mate.

did you call the police? thats the first thing you should have done, they would have sorted out who was at fault there and then, and would have done her for dangerous driving or something.

as for the bus driver not wanting to be a witness what a prick, you should have taken the route number and the time, as you can pass this onto the insurance company and you could get a statement from him via the bus company

addz

Member +
Ah shit man, sorry to hear!

Well seeing it's an import and all parts can be trouble as sourcing becomes an issue. Albeit usually insurance companies write-off cars to save hastle leaving you with a small amount less than what you originally paid for it. But worst scenario, buy it back of the insurance company and fix it to a good standard.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Someone, somewhere is responsible for telling people 'never admit liability' when having an accident. If they're alive, they should be peeled alive and be given a salt & vinegar bath. If they're dead, they should be exhumed, reincarnated, and fed to pigs.

This won't help now chap, but it is only a car... At least you're OK.

y3Lo

Member +
police were called, first they spoke to me and said they could do on the spot fine 3 pts £60 fine for coming onto my side of the carriageway or somet? or i coulda have taken her to court for driving without due care and attention. then they went to speak to her came back out and they had COMPLETELY changed there tune. to cut the story short, they did sweet f a.

with no witnesses etc ppl have been telling me it could go 50/50, and tbh i dont want to stand for that when i did nothing wrong! just so gutted it's untrue, makes you wonder why to bother spending all that cash on a car to have it crashed into 4 days later.

jonny-boi32

Member +
buses now have camera in them so if you can track the driver down u have your witness. my womans bro is a bus drivera and the camera have saved his bacon a pile of times with pricks driving into him and accidents around him.

still sickening tho. 4days like.

wesgt

Lifer
well i'm not an expert, but, you said the car wasn't moved in those pictures from the time the accident happened, you are clearly on your own side of the road, she crossed a constant white line there so shes fucked, would these pix not be enough? do you have any more pictures of where her car was?

Fudge

Fresh Recruit
id fuck her day up so bad mate, police and the lot did u get her plate? mistake i made wen i got ran into was punchin the guys window in and booting the car to bits , but i was mad lol :shoot:

Dan_SV

Member +
main thing is dude ure ok!
from the pics the damage doesn't look too bad, should get that repaired no probs!
feds are useless, as u have said its looks pretty clear cut that you were driven into and did what you could to avoid it!
hope it all gets sorted out dude.

y3Lo

Member +
unfortunately she moved her car pretty sharpish as she was blocking the entire road. so these are the only pics i have. it does sound pretty clear when you say it like that wes. im just stressing because i obviously dont want to pay out my excess and have a crash and big claim on my record for something that wasnt my fault.

@jonny, it was a private hire bus doing a school run so it may well not have had a camera on, the bus driver just drove off aswell.

wesgt

Lifer
well the good thing about school run buses is they have to do the same trip everyday lol so you will get him at the same time mon to fri!!! yeh its easy for us to say it'll be ok, but looking at those pix she's totally in the wrong! it'll work out, just stick to your guns, once you tell the truth you can't be tripped up!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
how can you ever think that is a rightoff?? not much of damage but its a bit pain in the ass after 4 days:S

sanchez

Member +
Thats fucking shit mate, absolutely fucking gutted for you.
I would have been fuming with the police and witnesses, makes me feel sick looking at it bud, fuck knows how you feel...
Glad your ok though!

y3Lo

Member +
how can you ever think that is a rightoff?? not much of damage but its a bit pain in the ass after 4 days:S

mate im only going on what the guy in the body shop has said to me, when he even said it to me i was like wtf?

i think there just covering there asses

Texx

Super Moderator
Highway Code Rule 129

Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070306

Johnny_C

Lifer
im gutted for you lad.:(
damage is minor,wing,light and bumper,washer bottle and maybe splash gaurd,all easy sourced direct from honda.:)