My Exhaust...Sorry if in wrong Forum

cjh8280

Fresh Recruit
hi guys,

firstly, sorry if i've posted this in wrong bit

i've not long got my starlet,and i've been pulled already by the police due to how loud exhaust is.

its a blitz s/steel system staright through,with a decat pipe on.

when i've looked at others members cars on here,their exhausts are about same size as mine

anyone got any ideas on how to reduce the noise???

many thanks
carl

Jay

Admin
Yes, JayC is right. A baffle is a removeable bung for the rear silencer which can be fitted to reduce the noise and removed again for trackdays, etc.

Check ebay, the classifieds and our traders on here for one.

Should help keep you off the police radar mate. ;)

how much does the baffle effect power/general running? As I was wanting my exhaust a bit quieter but since it's been mapped, I don't want to ruin it if you get me. And the bung is a fairly narrow looking bore.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i got a genuine blitz bung to fit my japspeed system. power is slightly effected but hardly noticeable and could just be the sound being different. as for general running, makes no difference

it doesnt affect the sound as much as i would have hoped. it does take the edge off though and makes the sound alot more bearable at motorway kinda speeds.

dac69er

Super Moderator
as long as I'm not the only person thinking they are to loud, makes me feel less of an old man :D

Whats your spec bud?

my car isnt used everyday so tbh i dont use it :eek:

not a mega spec on my car really, hybrid, japseed system, blitz decat and jam manifold on the exhaust side of things.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
my baffle works extremely well, the noise level is reduced by quite a difference.

and is usually gd for everyday use, i only take mine out 4 cruises and track days or meets.

as for performance, i think top end is affected, but not majorly,
as for low down, i havent noticed a problem.