My run in with the police last night

Rumel786

Member +
As usual after work i went and picked up my GF and went up to my uncles restaurant to chill out for a bit.

So i was parked outside, My seat was leaned back as if laying back to sleep lol, headlights off, handbrake up and engine on so heaters could work and so i can listen to music.

I got a phone call and answered it, before i could finish my phone call two community support officers are there knocking on my window saying its an offense To talk on the phone while the engine is on as in their eyes you can just drive off talking at any second, i were like wtf my handbrake is up, headlights are off, no seatbelt on and seat leaned back!

Anyway she was there lecturing me and told me to take my keys out, took my keys out and in kicks my turbo timer, Then she said "are you taking the piss, switch the engine off" Lol i nearly burst out laughing and tried to explain its a trubo timer on and i cant drive with it on with the keys out, before i could explain she radio's through a few more cops to come through and was going to issue me a ticket for using my phone!

So i switched my timer off, another car pulls up, two cops get out and like a helpless biatch tries fucking me over for talking on the phone & my turbo timer.

So i got out the car and explained to the guy what happened, then she went on saying iv got a gizmo where i can drive without the keys, so i showed the officer what the turbo timer does, he then said to me it is "ILLEGAL" to leave an engine running with no person inside the car with a full uk license.

That made me even more angry, i said "so basically your syaing i spent £800 on an alaram with remote start for no reason what so ever" he continued to say yes it is illegal unless you do it on private property!

In the end i didnt get a fine or anything but a heads up for people parked up using their phones and using turbo timers that by law they can issue you a fine, i was lucky to get off as the guy that come seemed sound and was having a friendly chat.

Last edited:

Bazza

Member +
some police are right wankers mate seriously! :mad:

it gets me mad when they just make up stupid laws that you just know are aload of shit!

glad you didnt get a ticket or fine bud :beer:

Rumel786

Member +
Oh and i forgot to mention he said my rear number plate is an illegal size, i laughed at him, pulled out my phone, showed him a pdf copy of the number plate regal requirements and offered to get my tape measure out for him lol

I even showed him it was done online through a legit website!

bucketep91

Member +
i got pulled last week and breathalised for going too slow on the ice with my 10 month old son in the car lol they told me to switch the car off and i told them no because then my son would be freezing in the car and they told me it was illegal to have your keys in the ignition while the driver is not in the car. so i set the turbo timer to 10 mins then got out lol after a bit of an argument with them they realised that i wasnt drunk and that i was right in being pissed at them, especially as the night before i got pulled over by police and they searched me and took my wallet and i never noticed till i got home. there 2was a lot of money and cheques in it and my cards and i.d

some cops are out of order these days!

MattyR

Member +
Ive had the sort of run in with the police.

They havent got a clue, glad you didnt get anything mate.

Matchew

Member +
LMAO funny shit i remember when there was a police check area by me i turned off just before no reason just needed to go down that certain road before i knew it i was barracaded in by 3 cop cars and a bike well funny.

Thats a load of bullshit they cant fit a cat1 alarm with certificate with a turbo timer built in and say its illegal they were just being arsey because they made themselves look like mugs

Matchew

Member +
Oh and i forgot to mention he said my rear number plate is an illegal size, i laughed at him, pulled out my phone, showed him a pdf copy of the number plate regal requirements and offered to get my tape measure out for him lol

I even showed him it was done online through a legit website!

:haha::haha::haha: They didnt even know about import sized plates

ROFL legend mate

Sparky

Member +
Thats the ONLY reason I would have a turbo timer, just to see a look on a cops face when it kicks in if they rip the keys out of your ignition or tell you to turn your car off :haha:

Lucky to get off with that mate, they was obviously looking for something/someone to do!!!

Wankers

Rumel786

Member +
They always say check my details 3 or 4 times when i get pulled up for 3 main reasons lol

1) im only 21 and insured to drive 5 cars currently
2) Live in beeston (home of drugs & crime)
3)I dont look my age lol, i get Id'd to buy cigerettes at most places lol

What pisses me off when they come up with bull shit laws and try to fuck you over anything!

el_man

Fresh Recruit
i had a cop say my car is illegally to low! i was like its actually not that low the bumper makes it look low and i can get over bumps not undriveable!!

GTnomez

Member +
It is illegal to to use the phone while the engine is running regardless of the conditions. It happend to me once as i was parked up and i found out from a cousin and a friend who are officers and he said it was true.

The turbo timer malarky is silly tho, as soon as you put the handbrake it should kill it and no one drives with the handbrake on or when the steering lock engages!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I believe they are right on the engine running bit. It is illegal to have your engine running when your not in the car, a recently new law to do with emissions.

Sparky

Member +
I got done before for leaving my car running but they said it was because it might magically go into gear and drive off or something :confused:

Rumel786

Member +
It is illegal to to use the phone while the engine is running regardless of the conditions. It happend to me once as i was parked up and i found out from a cousin and a friend who are officers and he said it was true.

The turbo timer malarky is silly tho, as soon as you put the handbrake it should kill it and no one drives with the handbrake on or when the steering lock engages!

Yeah but the reason they gave was just stupid saying i might just drive off all of a sudden, which i had no seatbelt on, headlights were off and the seat fuly leaned back!

I believe they are right on the engine running bit. It is illegal to have your engine running when your not in the car, a recently new law to do with emissions.

I forgot the exact word the office used but i will ask my gf tonigth and see if she remembers BUT he did say thats is the law now.

I got done before for leaving my car running but they said it was because it might magically go into gear and drive off or something :confused:[/QUOTE

All i can say to that is LOL.

addz

Member +
Mate that sucks, and these slags of coppers need a nice pasting up the fucking pussyholse. In most cases the lady officers are the bitches, and they are paired up in 'dyke' groups. One lady officer will be the 'woman' whilst the other is a 'butch' manly like 'dyke'.

The whole issue about talking with the car started is another touchy subject, in most cases the police can/will win you over. With the turbo timer, I would put up a notice to the officers saying it's an issured piece of kit which makes me pay almost 10% of my premium etc.. Personally mine is insured and the insurance company has no objection to it. So in that case nor should the police. Also go about saying the alarm system locks the doors whilst started ect.. Most are halfwits without any sense of common sense, common sense is hardly common with the police.

Another word of advice: whenever dealing with the police if capable flick on your mobile phone to record any conversation dealt with the police. This is a reference for yourself which cannot be objected. You are not obliged to turn it off either if you are demanded. Always notify the recording that the taping is done for reference purposes only.

The antiterrorist on youtube has many great points and I highly recommend his videos, this will benefit you regarding your 'rights' with the police.

ktl

Member +
it is actually ilegal to have a remote start for cars.

but yeah cops are LOL when they come to modified cars!

Rumel786

Member +
Mate that sucks, and these slags of coppers need a nice pasting up the fucking pussyholse. In most cases the lady officers are the bitches, and they are paired up in 'dyke' groups. One lady officer will be the 'woman' whilst the other is a 'butch' manly like 'dyke'.

The whole issue about talking with the car started is another touchy subject, in most cases the police can/will win you over. With the turbo timer, I would put up a notice to the officers saying it's an issured piece of kit which makes me pay almost 10% of my premium etc.. Personally mine is insured and the insurance company has no objection to it. So in that case nor should the police. Also go about saying the alarm system locks the doors whilst started ect.. Most are halfwits without any sense of common sense, common sense is hardly common with the police.

Another word of advice: whenever dealing with the police if capable flick on your mobile phone to record any conversation dealt with the police. This is a reference for yourself which cannot be objected. You are not obliged to turn it off either if you are demanded. Always notify the recording that the taping is done for reference purposes only.

The antiterrorist on youtube has many great points and I highly recommend his videos, this will benefit you regarding your 'rights' with the police.

I really wouldnt want to search "anti terrorist" on youtube lol

But yes i am going to in future get someone to record everything, what about video recording, is that possible?

it is actually ilegal to have a remote start for cars.

but yeah cops are LOL when they come to modified cars!

Where does it state it is illegal to have a remote start on cars?

When i purchased my alarm form clifford with the intelli-remote start no where does t state it is only for use on private property and is not road legal?