My turbo integra drag car build

Nolly

Member +
Well lads after alot of thinking gone into this i have decided to build my 99 teg r with the drag scene getting bigger and after watching a few good cars up at it i said it was time to join in the fun

My car is being built by JStoneRacing also help from TDP, i reckon hopefully we can get some decent times during the year.

The car was started yesterday by getting a full respray (nice to have it looking the part aswel as being quick) this was done by Jstone and hav to say very happy so far thanks lads great work .

nollyscar1-1.jpg

nollyscar2.jpg

nollyscar3.jpg

nollyscar4.jpg

nollyscar6.jpg

nollyscar7.jpg

nollyscar5.jpg

nollyscar8.jpg

nollyscar9.jpg

nollyscarfront.jpg

Here is a short spec of what the car is getting at the moment, this may change as the build go's on!

Engine
b16a
built bottom end with eagle rods,
wossner pistons,
arp headstuds and big end bolts,
ctr crank,
lightly mod'ed head,
custom TDP block gard,

Gearbox
stock box with LSD

Turbo
TME EVO VI TD05 with custom manifold and down pipe

wheels and tyres
15'' wheels with toyo r888 for the moment

Performance
350+hp
11's on the strip (we hope )

new shoes :D

tyres1.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

and here is the TDP eng build for those of you who are not elite bt:)

We are building this B16a to be capable of producing in excess of 450+ bhp.

For this reason we need to do certain things to stop the cylinder pressures killing the engine.

The first thing is to reinforce the top of the block and bores with a custom TDP block guard.

To do this we use our Digitizing/Scanning machine to measure the relevant parts of the block.

IMG_8463.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG

IMG_8465.JPG

IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8467.JPG

IMG_8468.JPG

IMG_8469.JPG

IMG_8473.JPG

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8477.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8482.JPG

The scanned data is exported as a DXF file.

The DXF file is imported and the relevant geometries are extracted as the Block guard is designed.

[IMGIMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FCe34KJd9-c/S4qjhI_CDGI/AAAAAAAAGow/77Hhq0KNFNM/s800/BlockGuard-1.jpg[/IMG]

BlockGuard-2.jpg

Then the 2D CAD is sent to the 3d Solid modeling SW.

BlockGuard-3.jpg

BlockGuard-4.jpg

BlockGuard-5.jpg

This is 100% accurate of what the block guard will look like.

BlockGuard-6.jpg

The next thing that need to be done is to machine the top of the block to accept the guard. The block is cast and the shape cannot be guaranteed so we machine between 0.25mm and 0.5mm of to make sure we have a consistent surface for the guard to spread the load against once on place.

The first thing is to use the cad data we have to produce tool paths for the CNC machine to follow.

This is done in Alphacam V6 CAM package.
BlockGuard-7.jpg

Then the toolpaths are simulated to make sure there are no mistakes.
BlockGuard-9.jpg

Then the block is bolted to the Deckel Maho DMU 70 Evolution High Speed Machining Center.
IMG_8483.JPG

IMG_8484.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

The Renishaw MP700 Strain gauge probe is used to measure the block exact position in X,Y,Z and for rotation also.

IMG_8487.JPG

IMG_8488.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FCe34KJd9-c/S4...0/IMG_8489.JPG[/url]

Then the 6mm solid carbide cutter is calibrated in the Renishaw NC1 laser tool setter.

[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FCe34KJd9-c/S4q5K7wejjI/AAAAAAAAGqo/P2DPE1_BG04/s800/IMG_8490.JPG

Now the block can be machined.

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8492.JPG

IMG_8494.JPG

You can see that the block is now ready for the block guard to be fitted.

IMG_8495.JPG

IMG_8496.JPG

New mishimoto rad great quality very happy with it :D and big thanks to Kevtegra great service will be dealing with you again bt:) and also thanks to adriano for dropping it down to me

Thanks lads .

DSCF1622.jpg

Making the block guard.

We start off with the billet and clamping it to the machine.

We fit the plate machine fixture to the DMU70eVo.
IMG_8653.JPG

Next we put ground spacers to support the billet to allow through machining.
IMG_8654.JPG

The 16 mm 7075T6 alu plate is them clamped onto the table.
IMG_8655.JPG

The Renishaw MP700 Probe is used to measure the plates position relative to the machine.
IMG_8656.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

IMG_8659.JPG

The New 8 mm Cutter is setup in the holder.
IMG_8660.JPG

The Drill and Milling Cutter are measured on the machine using the laser tool setter.
IMG_8663.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

The 2D CAD data is Imported from Solidworks to Alphacam V6.
Image1.jpg

The Tool is chosen and the operation information programed.
Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

The 204 holes are selected
Image5.jpg

The 5.1mm Drill Bit is selected and cut depths programed.
Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image10.jpg

Roughing mill passes are added to remove some of the material allowing for finishing.

Image11.jpg

The program is verified in a Virtual machine before the program is transmitted to the machine.

Image12.jpg

The 10 mm Spot Drill marls out the hole positions for the 5mm Drill. This avoids any drill wandering as drill are very flexible.
IMG_8666.JPG

The 5.1 mm Drill then Drills the 204 hole all the way through the parts.
IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8670.JPG

The 8mm Cutter then cuts out the Inside of the part.

IMG_8671.JPG

IMG_8672.JPG

Finally the finishing passes are programed and verified.

Image14.jpg

Image15.jpg

The finishing passes are run.

IMG_8674.JPG

IMG_8675.JPG

The finished block guard on top of the block ready for fitting.

IMG_8677.JPG

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
WOW!!! now that is some awesome equipment you have there!!

Very very nicely done!! Only pity is a block guard cant be done on starlets lol.. waa..

good luck with the build mate! keep us updated!
kon

D

daz7505

looking good, and expensive!!!!
did it not go in a booth for spraying???

billybob

Untrusted Seller
nolly ya have this plaster all over the net lad :haha:it must be costing ya a bomb lad,you could of got a 2.2 bottom end and be done with its cheaper than all that stuff seems a waste of money lad.will she be an oil burner roll on 11s

Last edited:

Nolly

Member +
nolly ya have this plaster all over the net lad :haha:it must be costing ya a bomb lad,you could of got a 2.2 bottom end and be done with its cheaper than all that stuff seems a waste of money lad.will she be an oil burner roll on 11s

Sick of talkin to ya on the net laddddddddddddd . told ya to drop over the last time and say hello and even told ya what car i was driving but ya must of been bit shy ;) so if ya want to no why i didnt use a 2.2 make sure and say hello next time .

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Sick of talkin to ya on the net laddddddddddddd . told ya to drop over the last time and say hello and even told ya what car i was driving but ya must of been bit shy ;) so if ya want to no why i didnt use a 2.2 make sure and say hello next time .

to busy saying hello to everyone up there last time:haha::haha: il try fit ya in .april if im going you heading u yourself

glanza hater

Fresh Recruit
this looks like some build man good luck with her
gotta ask though why on earth are you going to destroy a red jdm integra there as rare as hens teeth could you not have bought a white one and wrecked that
sorry man im just a bit of a honda nut at heart;)
ps why not use the b18 would there not have been more compression :confused:

Murray

Member +
The lad is going turbo,so no need for higher compression.

Nolly,really liking the blockgaurd,not like every other block guard out there anyway:cool:
Keep up the good work!