N. Ireland karting meet, poll

General time for karting meet

• Week before Xmas holidays (21/12 - 24/12)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • During Xmas holidays (28/12 - 3/1)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • After Xmas holidays (4/1 - .....)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

weeJohn

Lifer
A bit of intrest showing in a karting meet in N. Ireland, so I have started a poll to see what general time suits most.

Member +
i dont really care when it is, though if i can go, i will. been ages since i went karting/smashing :haha:

Why not just have one big meet in the centre of the country instead of this Ni , Irl stuff its a small place and the more the merrier there is a serious go karting track in edgeworthstown along with a paintballing range right beside it same crowd run it it would be a laugh with a hape of people.

Phil

Super Moderator
i agree the "meets" like standing round chatting rely on large numbers and and all ireland meet certainly provides that. BUT the northern karting meet was organised by weejohn a couple of years ago and went down really well, we probably have the numbers locally for a karting day. though im sure this meet is ofcourse open to anyone. likes of johnnyC or aiden arent too far south to make this without great hassle.

but def for the meets like enfield ballymena or dundalk, they would be nice if all rolled together.

Phil

weeJohn

Lifer
Why not just have one big meet in the centre of the country instead of this Ni , Irl stuff its a small place and the more the merrier there is a serious go karting track in edgeworthstown along with a paintballing range right beside it same crowd run it it would be a laugh with a hape of people.

If there is the numbers to do an all Ireland karting meet then I dont see why not.

Could I ask you tofind out more info about that place and where abouts it is, to see if people are interested in travelling for it.

Cheers Corey.

weeJohn

Lifer
sounds great
Here's an indoor track in Dublin http://www.kylemore-karting.com/temp/index.php

Its a bit pricey that one Richie at 50 Euros.

The one we used before is still only 30 Sterling, for 5 xp ractice laps, 5 x 7 lap heats, 1 x 10 lap semi final (x2 groups) and a 12 lap final. Prixes afterwards.

The track is not that big but tight and there is good grip, the karts were all pretty even apart from 1 donkey but it always came in last anyway lol.

Here is a link to it....http://www.need4speedkarting.com/index.php

Gryzor

Admin
Its a bit pricey that one Richie at 50 Euros.

The one we used before is still only 30 Sterling, for 5 xp ractice laps, 5 x 7 lap heats, 1 x 10 lap semi final (x2 groups) and a 12 lap final. Prixes afterwards.

The track is not that big but tight and there is good grip, the karts were all pretty even apart from 1 donkey but it always came in last anyway lol.

Here is a link to it....http://www.need4speedkarting.com/index.php

Everything is more expensive down here :( the tracks are good as they change level and the lack of grip on the ply track makes things interesting.

I think there's always a donkey of a kart that someone has fed a bag of sugar to, thats my excuse anyways. I'm happy to take a spin up North for this :)

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
A bit early yet, but Need4speed karting are available on the 28th December, for a group of 20 people they would want to start before 12.30.

How would that suit people?

If that suits, add your name to the list below, minimum number is 8 and a deposit is needed to secure it so I may have to lift deposits of a tenner each person driving, after Alan D was let down badly at the last RR day.

Spectators are welcome but from memory bring a warm coat and extra pair of socks lol.

1) weeJohn
2) weeJohns weelad, weeJack (age permitting)

Status
Not open for further replies.