N. Ireland Xmas meet 27th December

weeJohn

Lifer
This is going on Extreme EP also.

I am going to be bold and suggest something new!!!

We always meet up, look at each others motors, talk about each others motors and sometimes work on each others motors. Its all good, but at this time of year sometimes the polar bears and penguins get in the way.

How about meeting up and actually doing something as well, like karting?

Was asking about a Grand Prix event at the karting place in Doagh.

£30 per head gets you 7 lap heats, 10 lap semi finals (the girl said usually everone makes the semis unless there are enough people for quarters), and a 12 lap final. Prizes are included, and you can feel free to brag all you want about, it if you win, until next Xmas!!

I will organise, but dont know a date yet, they might close for the Xmas/ New year period so might have to wait until January or go early December.

What do you all think??

DWB

Member +
sounds like fun. nvr been to the doagh karting track yet. whats it like, indoor/outdoor?

Phil

Super Moderator
id be up for this, pending ability to travel, (ibiza currently running minus 3rd and 4th)

ive heard doagh is good steam, though never been.

jimmer

Member +
yeah i would deffo be up for it! doagh has new karts too and are pretty good!
i was at superdrive in portadown today doin a 1.5 hour endurance in tems of two and three and was class craic. it is outdoor so can be very interesting. Somebody hit one of the tyres on the first lap and all the water from the tyre ran down the track, making the fastest corner very drifty drifty lol. could do a grand prix there, very similar set up to doagh price wise an all.
Not tryin to but in an suggest somewhere else is better weejohn, lol, but could open a discussion of other options. But as i said i would be well up for doagh, its great craic too!

weeJohn

Lifer
All input is welcome Jimmer, you cant beat advice from someone who has been there!!

My concern would be that its outdoor in Portadown, maybe December is not the time for outdoors!!

If thats what the people want thats what we will do, as for dates, would a weekend daytime or weekday evening time suit people better?

All the karts in Doagh are 270cc, regularily maintained they say.

glanov

Fresh Recruit
Yup be up for this no bother next month!!!

track only about 5 mins from me!! The boy that owns it lives two doors
down from me! His daughters work at and run the karting!!

Havent been up in a brave while so be good crack!!

glanov

Fresh Recruit
And an other option!! there is an indoor paintballing just beside the karting place too!! never been so cant comment!! just thought i would say!! :p

Andy

jimmer

Member +
i've been to the paint ballin to mate, class set up inside!

I know what ya mean by outside in december in karts, but have to say, bloody good craic if its not totally dry, makes it more interesting. And good for driftin lol.

but the karts at doagh look good seein as they are new!

glanov

Fresh Recruit
If we go karting could possibly get a bit off discount as well!!

My sis is good mates with the girls that run it!!! :p

Andy

weeJohn

Lifer
Andy you might have just volunteered yourself for a job!!!

I will ring tomorrow for a date or 2.

Someone was also telling me about a place near Comber that has a 6 lane Scaletrix track, the only one in Ireland!

Need groups of 5 or 6 multiples for this to work.

I have been hit by paintballs before, hurts like a kick in the nuts from a bandy donkey but great craic!!

weeJohn

Lifer
Ok lads, this is booked for Thursday 27th December at 2pm.

It will cost £30 a head for a grand prix style day, with 7 lap heats, 10 lap semi finals and/or 7 lap quarter finals for all, depending on numbers, and a 12 lap final for the best 6.

There is prizes supplied, and we can do a £1 or £2 sweep between us for 1st or 1st and 2nd.

There is a deposit to be paid by the 22nd and approximate numbers to be confirmed, so feedback on who is serious about going would be great. The more people the better for this, so if some of your mates want to come and race thats all the better. We will beat up ringers, so if your mates name is Lewis and he is quick as, be prepared for a kicking LOL!!!

Spectators are welcome, if you dont want to race you are still welcome to come and watch.

We could even meet up near there about 12pm first, if thats what is wanted, and then head down in a convoy.

The name of the place is "Speedway Karting", its on the Kilbride Road, Doagh Buisness Park. Contact them on 02893342777 if you need any more info!!

glanov

Fresh Recruit
nice one john!!! if ya need me too do anything for ya just give ma a shout
as it just down the road from me!! Will be lookin forwart too it!! :p