need clutch info

NORTHERNEP82

Member +
Hi!

I'm wondering if there is any clutch and flywheel from another car that will fit a EP82?
Paseo? MR2? Corolla?

Thanks for your help!

speedvision

Member +
Hi!

I'm wondering if there is any clutch and flywheel from another car that will fit a EP82?
Paseo? MR2? Corolla?

Thanks for your help!

i knwo the paseo wont fit for sure cuz its smaller and not sure about the other two..ur close by to me..am in the usa...u can check out my online store at www.speedvisioncps.com and u will find a range of clutch kits i have there to suit ur needs

sam

colin

Fresh Recruit
if you get the clutch disc preasure plate and matching fly wheel from any e series engine like 1e 2e 4e they will all fit but none of them are as big or strong as a 4efte clutch.

NORTHERNEP82

Member +
if you get the clutch disc preasure plate and matching fly wheel from any e series engine like 1e 2e 4e they will all fit but none of them are as big or strong as a 4efte clutch.

Thanks a lot for this info!

What if I get an uprated clutch for these, let's say a 212mm stage 2 or 3?
The higher clamp force + friction from better material on the disk might compensate for the slightly smaller diametre...?

colin

Fresh Recruit
try using a paseco fly wheel and if you can get a up rated clutch for a ae86 corolla this should fit

NORTHERNEP82

Member +
Yeah, I read somewhere that a 1986 to 1989 MR2 clutch could fit.
Anyone can confirm if it's N/A or supercharged?
(or are they both the same?)

speedvision

Member +
Yeah, I read somewhere that a 1986 to 1989 MR2 clutch could fit.
Anyone can confirm if it's N/A or supercharged?
(or are they both the same?)

i see ur lookign very hard for a clutch and info..i dont kno the above info but i do have clutch kits in stock and was wondering what u want to spend becuz i know ur budget is low and i will try to help you

sam

ChrisGT

Member +
I have e-mailed CAP clutch and they confirmed that this MR2 clutch is a direct fit for an EP82 starlet. In fact, it probably is the same one they are supplying you with sam.

speedvision

Member +
I have e-mailed CAP clutch and they confirmed that this MR2 clutch is a direct fit for an EP82 starlet. In fact, it probably is the same one they are supplying you with sam.

they have different clamping force mate.....becuz some corolla clutches also fit and the corollas are non turbos so for the 4efte which is turbo the application is different when it comes to clamping force..when i order i ask for a clamping force to suit our set up and have also given tem the specs of our clutch...thanks
sam

ChrisGT

Member +
Well CAP themselves say the MR2 one is the one they make for a starlet, but anyways, had it fitted the other day and its a huge improvement..just feels like the power is getting put down better, I love it!

Harvey

Member +
Well as you are in america, as Sam (speedvision) is too, then he can supply you with one.

But anyway, EP82 clutch is not 215mm, its 212mm.

You can use many other clutches on it, and yes the 1987-1989 mk1 mr2 one is a direct fit. I fitted a celica ZZT231 clutch to my GT (Celica 190) many are interchangable, but the release bearing changed, so best off going with a mk1 mr2 clutch if you dont buy from sam.

It has to be the later MR2 clutch as the early one is a 200mm unit like the paseo etc.

NORTHERNEP82

Member +
Ok, thanks for your imput everybody, we're getting somewhere I think!

Anyone can confirm if the 86 to 89 MR2 flywheel also fits? (it has 8 3/8 holes?)