car too low on apexi springs 35 mil would increasing the tyre wall help

at the front they are 205/45/16
at the rear is 195/45/16
would a jump to 50 walls help

Last edited:

twaiter

Member +
you got a toms kit or anything?

i have 40mm lower on the front and its pretty low! but i have a toms bumper which doesnt help!, but i also have 15" wheels.
getting a slightly bigger wall wont really make any diff at all i wouldnt have thought

scottfoster

Member +
I have got a full livesport kit on the car but its not the body kit its just sitting propper low when i have a full car scrapes on under side of car. The tyers are just wider at the fron thats all

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I have got a full livesport kit on the car but its not the body kit its just sitting propper low when i have a full car scrapes on under side of car. The tyers are just wider at the fron thats all

Actually the tyres aren't just wider the wall height is a percentage of the width so two tyres with the same profile (45) but different widths will also be different in overall diameter.

On your original question, yes changing to 50 profile tyres all round will raise the car, if you go for 205/50 all round it will infact be 15mm higher at the rear and 10mm at the front.

This is a great site for working out tire sizes - in your case your obviously looking at the overall diameter: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?action=submit

weeJohn

Lifer

Is the car scraping the ground or are the tyres hitting the wheel arches?