Need settings on this boost controller for starlet

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
as far as I know, there isnt any absolute settings for a particular boost level, the values on the controller, is the percentage of the turbo's capabilities, however I could be wrong.

AdamB

Member +
^^^ True, adjust the percentages then you need to adjust the gain.

It's best to adjust the boost level first until you reach your desired level, then adjust the gain to bring the boost on faster, but without spiking.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
^^^ True, adjust the percentages then you need to adjust the gain.

It's best to adjust the boost level first until you reach your desired level, then adjust the gain to bring the boost on faster, but without spiking.

yea just on the gain, if the gain is set to high, you will find boost will fluctuate quite badly also

Texx

Super Moderator
C and P settings are for scramble boost. Have you set the switch on the back of the unit for the type of wastegate control your using?

Have you read the manual? > The Manual!

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you set the switch on the the back of the unit to AC?

Just set C and P both to 0.

Select channel 1, hold the Mode button down until 1 flashes on the left, keep pressing the Volume button until 'Set' appears and the then turn the Volume knob until 20 is displayed, then press the Mode button again to exit.

Next hold the mode button down for approx 3 seconds until you hear a beep, '1234M' should be flashing on the left, turn the Volume button and change the Gain to 5, then press the Mode button to exit.

If you have the boost solenoid plumbed in correctly you should now see an increase in boost (if there's no increase in peak boost pressure then either you've not connected the solenoid correctly or there's a problem with the solenoid or wiring). To increase or decrease boost you need to increase or decrease the value for 'Set'. Once you've got a stable desired boost pressure, you can then increase the Gain until the boost pressure overshoots or spikes above the desired pressure, then just back the Gain off until the boost spike no longer occurs.

Select channel 1, hold the Mode button down until 1 flashes on the left, keep pressing the Volume button until 'Set' appears and the then turn the Volume knob until 20 is displayed, then press the Mode button again to exit.

Next hold the mode button down for approx 3 seconds until you hear a beep, '1234M' should be flashing on the left, turn the Volume button and change the Gain to 5, then press the Mode button to exit.

If you have the boost solenoid plumbed in correctly you should now see an increase in boost (if there's no increase in peak boost pressure then either you've not connected the solenoid correctly or there's a problem with the solenoid or wiring). To increase or decrease boost you need to increase or decrease the value for 'Set'. Once you've got a stable desired boost pressure, you can then increase the Gain until the boost pressure overshoots or spikes above the desired pressure, then just back the Gain off until the boost spike no longer occurs.
Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know.thanks a mil il do that 2morrow after work and let u no how I get on.

Wel lad tried that no difference stil won't boost over..6 I have the turbo to the in and the actuator to the out tried what u said with channel 1 and evin set it higher. I checked at the solonide and I am getting power. Put my blead valve back on and it's boosting 1.2 like normal. What could be the problem? Solonide fucked?

Texx

Super Moderator
The solenoid might be stuck in the open position. You could try spraying some WD40 or similar into the IN and OUT ports of the solenoid and give it a slight tap with the solenoid powered up, if that doesn't work then you may be out of luck.

The solenoid might be stuck in the open position. You could try spraying some WD40 or similar into the IN and OUT ports of the solenoid and give it a slight tap with the solenoid powered up, if that doesn't work then you may be out of luck.

Do they give problems? I opened it up and all the wires are perfect where the in and out ports are on the solonide inside the box there is 2 small pieces coming out of each is that normal? And did u ever see them stick before and work again?

Texx

Super Moderator
A few seem to have trouble with these boost solenoids, though I've not experienced any issues nor had the need to strip one apart. Spraying some WD40 in there to clean any crap out won't do it any harm, so it's worth a shot.

Texx

Super Moderator
Can't imagine there's much you can do with it apart from giving it a clean and hoping for the best. A new Blitz dual solenoid won't be cheap.

Can't imagine there's much you can do with it apart from giving it a clean and hoping for the best. A new Blitz dual solenoid won't be cheap.

Yea il do that.. Yea I no hope the wd40 does the trick!! Is them solonides worked on magnets?It's out of the car about 3 months now