***Need some bits people***

Dan3SGTE

Member +
EDITED

had a stupid accident tonight, in the wet around a bend that ive been taking since ive been driving. Its literally 30 seconds up my road! Shit happens, im the only one to blame........

Anyhow i need:

- Passenger Indicator (clear)

- Passenger Wing (fender) preferably Black

- Passenger TRACK ROD END
NEEDED ASAP

I haven't had a proper look thoroughly yet but im pretty sure thats all thats damaged.. im gona jack it up tomorrow and see what dick wod here done to his motor....
If i need any other bits I'll add to the list....

Show us what you got...........

thanks in advance.....

dan

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it sorted, at least you wearnt hurt!!!!

thanks mate, appreciate it... yeah thats the main thing. Bit surprised i did it really, when i loose it i normally bring it back but just caught me off guard this time.... bloody wet, need to be a bit more careful... Im just glad i didn't hurt anyone. I can deal with hurting myself but not a pedestrian..... That would crush me.

weeJohn

Lifer
Wishbone

Sorry to hear about your bump, dont worry, it happens and it does not sound to bad.

I have a drivers side one but it does not matter, they are both the same you just need to turn the long bolt that the anti roll bar attaches to around and it fits the other side.

£25 posted to you, its a bit grubby and flakey but straight.

John

Dan3SGTE

Member +
cheers weejohn......... Yeah its not terrible and sure could have been alot worse.. i consider myself lucky...

ahh thats a perfect price but realistically i was looking to receive it before the 12th February (next Tuesday) as im getting my car mapped then... what a bugger aie.... typical....

i would take that straight away as well....

G

gaz_turbo1

dan got a wishbone and prob got a spare indicator, also got a black front wing but it has a crease (spl) in it, but depends how desperate you are, won't be looking for much for the wing

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Update

dan got a wishbone and prob got a spare indicator, also got a black front wing but it has a crease (spl) in it, but depends how desperate you are, won't be looking for much for the wing

UPDATE

gaz mate update just found out that the wishbone is fine its the track rod end that has snapped.....

I need to know if the road ends can be replaced without replacing the whole the Steering rack.........?

The wing i will defo have, if its only slightly creased i'll have that off you if your giving up cheap as a temp for me... really wan it back on road for the 12th...!

G

gaz_turbo1

yeah it only slightly creased, not that bad, will try get a pic from you, yeah should be able to buy a new rod end for it,

TRY USING THAT MIDDLE PEDAL WHEN YOU COME UP TO CORNER'S:p:p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
oi you cheeky son of a gun! haha! Back end flew out opposite locked it, gave it gas and just aquaplaned into a wall..... fucking stupid really as its my own area that i drive around every day of my life, know these corners like the back of my hand.....! The car reacted different in that situation....

Maybe i was half asleep, was on my own going chip shop, weren't even giving large or anything, thats the ironic thing :homer: Always happens when your sensible lol.....

Anyway mate of mine got a truck, towed me down back to mine 20 mins ago.... now just need these couple of parts.. the Rod end is the most important thing here as cant do fuck all without it... bastard really..... Hopefully MR toyota can sort me out quick time if not still on the look out will travel to pick up a rack if anyone has one....? Aint you got any Lying around in your little backyard scrap yard gary :p

Yeah get us a pic asap as if in ok-ish nick and the price tickles my toes then i'll pop down for a visit ;)

G

gaz_turbo1

yeah will have a look but i am sure i only had 2 steering racks and you got one and i put the other one in mine, yeah wing should be good enough for your car:p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
there you go again with the cheek! fuckin youngsters these days... cooor!

And whats with that rack anyway, snapping on me and shit all because of a little wall.... lol... I want a refund haha

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Bump.......

Can anyone tell me for a fact weather the Track rod ends do come apart from the steering rack?

sx_turbo

Lifer
yes they do.

there called rack ends mate. so when you speak to toyota ask for "rack ends".

tie rod end is the little ball joint thing that goes on the end of it. you may aswell get a new one of these aswell

Auto EP82

Lifer
i no camskill do track rod ends for gts quite cheap thing bout 15 quid and there bits cum the nxt day m8 give them a ring

Dan3SGTE

Member +
thanks alot for the info guys.... So rack ends it is... thought it was rod ends...

@Auto_EP82... Never heard of "camskill" .... do you have a link or a number at all? what are they a breakers yard/parts shop type thing?

PS... Ricky do the tie rod ends come with the rack ends?