Need some help folks asap

well yesterday after 6 weeks off road got car back up and running.

today it nearly overheat got was high the needle so managed to get home just. No water at all in it okay weird as was checked yesterday

topped it up and it is pissing it out major fast though at a place not obvious

its pissing it out just to the right of where the left engine mount is. drips down by the belts?

whats in their to cause this?

thanks

c.

Ben89

Lifer
yes its located right at the back of block left and side if you crawl enderneath the car on the drivers side you will see the pump and you should be able to see any traces of where coolant has been leaking, sounds like the rubber seal has gone pourous where the car has been sitting for a long time. water pumps are basterd to change on these because of the pistion there in.

yeah i mean thats exactky where leaking from dripping down by the belts. just hoping the head gasket hasnt shit itself though time will tell on that.

if it was seal id prob just buy a new pump cheap enough.

so where in thought my seal or pump shat itself then yeah

thanks chris for vid

to change the pump what belts need to come off all of them?

350ep70gr

Member +
But do they cambelts need to come off?

No mate. Only the external belt that runs the pump. May need other stuff to be removed as i have a car with the steering wheel at the right side...your is opposite and all the brake and clutch parts are in the way..LOL

Chris

cool mate as not long ago plus i dont want to redo timing as you may remember about a year ago you got alot of pms then ahaha

so im just going to order a full water pump and seal might aswell when off do it right

this little car testing me lol

thanks guys

can i just add as havnt mentioned when i say next to mount im meaning at the back of the block next to the mount as opposed to the front if makes sense is that still the water pump.

Ben89

Lifer
The water pump is the firewall side of the bay sort of below the brake master cylinder, you do not need to touch the cambelt, you will probably need to remove all auxiliary belts, I had to, quite a simple job just very fiddley !

yeah thats where its leaking from at the back of block near firewall

going to order one anyway tho is their any pipes with water at back that could cause it?

Jay

Admin
Here's the back of the engine.

badgersport3023.jpg

If it isn't the pump it can be either the pipe leading to it or the seal joining the two.

badgersport3017.jpg

Hope that helps bud.

rage

Lifer
best way to get to it is from below, so get the car up on a ramp or something.
undo the alternator, undo the 3 bolts holding the back of the pump housing to the block.
undo a few bolts of the pipe that can rust in the pic above to pull back the entire pump.
undo the bolts on the side of the pump to split the pump in half, replace, everything in reverse and good to go.

took me little over an hour on mine. but it is fiddely and annoying the first time as i didn;t know what to strip off to get to the pump bolts

Pump on the way,

had a look today and its defo leaking at the pump seal.

so whens she`s fixed up im gonna need my fingers crossed she hasnt blown the headgasket :(