New brakes WELL worth it :-)!!!

ChrisW

Lifer
Well I had the afternoon off today so I thought I'd fit my new 3G disks and Mintex pads seeing as my GT is stuck on my drive.

Anyway fitted it all ok and after running them in I think the improvement is massive! I couldn't go very fast because my engine is fooked (hence why its stuck on my drive) but with the few runs that my car could manage they were amazing, car would easily lock up which would NEVER have happened with my old brakes! Just thought Id post a bit of feedback because I was torn between a new 2 or 4 pot set up and these, but these seem to do the job perfectly without spening the £££ for a whole new brake kit!

Ive still got braided lines and 5.1dot to go in, anyone know if these will this make much more of a difference? Thanks

GTnomez

Member +
did you not get your forge set up then??

what sort of price did you pay for them?? did you get em off dave b??

i need to get some coz i up the power, up the handling but everyone spots that i havent uppd the brakes!!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i thought the master cylinder brace improved brake feel more than the hoses. but with them both there great! i also have 3g grooved discs n mintex 1144 pads and stopping power is brilliant!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I think my pads are dodgy, maybe because they didn't bed in properly, but I'm not impressed with the 3G disc's and mintex 1144 set up, I also have braided lines too.

I'm gonna be changing the rear pads and discs soon then bleed them yet again to see if they improve though. Still want a bmcs too but the price of them now - for what they are is rediculous!

Last edited:

GT_Ben

Member +
No offence Chris but your giving a product feedback after 'a few runs' ?
What was the actual testing you done, 50-30, 30-0...... if they'd lock up? :p

Id like to see your feedback when youv given then some proper abuse, track work..... 100-20mph etc

Ben :)

ChrisW

Lifer
did you not get your forge set up then??

what sort of price did you pay for them?? did you get em off dave b??

i need to get some coz i up the power, up the handling but everyone spots that i havent uppd the brakes!!

Im still waiting for it mate.

Yes I got them off Dave B a few months ago but just havn't had the time to fit them!

I think my pads are dodgy maybe because they didn't bed in properly, but I'm not impressed with the 3G disc's and mintex 1144 set up, I also have braided lines too.

I'm gonna be changing the rear pads and discs soon then bleed them yet again to see if they improve though. Still want a bmcs too but the price of them now - for what they are is rediculous!

Yea I remember reading about your problems! Im honestly really impressed with the disks and pads, but I couldnt compare them to a bigger set up because Ive not had any experience with them. The braking from general driving should bed them in ok, I did a few runs at varying speeds with hard braking and they felt poor, but then on one run they suddenly kicked in and had a real punch! Was a bit wierd actually how they just transformed!

ChrisW

Lifer
No offence Chris but your giving a product feedback after 'a few runs' ?
What was the actual testing you done, 50-30, 30-0...... if they'd lock up? :p

Id like to see your feedback when youv given then some proper abuse, track work..... 100-20mph etc

Sorry should have mentioned that all I want from my set up is good response on the road. I have no intention what so ever of tracking my car so it won't be an issue. I dont see why I cant leave feedback from a 'few runs' if it is that sort of action that they will see every day!

GT_Ben

Member +
Ok, so to conclude....

3g discs and mintex pads are excellent for 'response' :p

Im only kidden dude...

Im just not a fan of 3g discs, or the standard set-up for that matter.
I highly rate the mintex pads for the money tho, great product.

addz

Member +
I also have 3G disc's & mintex 1144 pads on front.

It's a well priced set-up - well worth it.

Sigma

Member +
An ideal medium-fast road setup, you are well on the way to!

3G discs and pads, front and rear
5.1 Fluid
Braided lines
Cusco BMCS

Add all of the above, and you'll have an awesome machine :)

cole

Member +
any upgrade will be good

but if you think 3g mintex combo are good

you should feel 4 pots best mod on my starlet

gv1.3

Admin
Ive got the 20 slot 3G rotors, 1144 pads, braided lines and dot51 fluid. The stopping power is impressive I must admit. The only thing I dont like is if I hit the brakes hard they make a lot of noise when stopping. I can really notice the difference over the brake setup I had especially if driving with a bit of life... the brakes remain sharp even after repeated hard braking.