New car choice!

p2d

Member +
Well, as you all know im splitting my Paseo (I wish i could afford to keep it)

I've narrowed it down to 2 cars now, one is small, sporty and gay. One is big, comfy and german!

Ive chosen either a Mazda MX5 1.6, or a BMW 316i Coupe. Both are 1.6, both are RWD (yay) and both cost the same to insure, but the Mx5 will be more to buy.

If i end up with the MX5 i'll get carried away and end up dead/banned/other. Where-as with the 316i i'd be more inclinded to take it steady, and wait a few years till i can afford a more sporty car. They are totally different cars in every way, i just dont know if i want sporty or comfy. The mx5 would have to be a UK car, or the insurance wants another million pounds on top! But uk cars are alot more than the Eunos!

I'll have to test drive one of each to see which i prefer, but im more towards the beemer at the minute.

If anyone can name me anymore cars that are 1.6 or less, and RWD, cheap to buy/insure. let me know.

This Is the 316 i would really like. I just dont have the cash monies yet.

Mike

Timmy

Member +
316's are slow and far from sporty. It maybe rear wheel drive but it hasn't got the power yo weight to do anything. mx5 is good tho.

p2d

Member +
Just checked, i can get a 318 coupe for 100quid more insurance, thats 140bhp 16v instead of 100bhp 8v!

318 it is.

p2d

Member +
Just got a quote on a 320 coupe (2l inline 6), tenner less than the 1.8! The 320 has 150bhp and obviously, 6 cylinders =smoooooth

So, now looking for a 320 coupe.

goldenvtr

Member +
no contest, the mx5 dont care what people say they can look amazing the bmw would be crap in conparison looks, performace ect.

at least with the mazda theres plenty of room for modding

and PS if you really have to get a bmw get an E30!

sx_turbo

Lifer
I'm getting a Eunos, turbo'd mind.

lol, one day, i cant beleive your still looking

but p2d, what i dont understand is how your paseo is to much to run, its a 1.5 so is the lower tax bracket, and shouldnt cost more to insure than either of those cars.

or am i missing something?

oh and out of those 2 the mx-5 is the much better car

Last edited:

p2d

Member +
Sx, the thing you're missing is the amount of mods. I cant afford to insure my car. It needs a new fuel tank, tyres and some other bits anyway. if i sell it, i can buy another car and then insure that with the cash.

Neal

Member +
no contest, the mx5 dont care what people say they can look amazing the bmw would be crap in conparison looks, performace ect.

at least with the mazda theres plenty of room for modding

and PS if you really have to get a bmw get an E30!

E36 :p

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
lol, one day, i cant beleive your still looking

haha I know, gutted I'm gonna miss Le Mans and this years summer in one, but i won't buy any old car, it has to be perfect and that means fully forged, big turbo, ecu etc. Anyway, it's been 6 months now and still on the hunt.

Gee

Member +
The MX5 is one of the best handeling cars out there. Just because the BMW does not mean it is going to be more fun to drive or faster for that matter.

bigdoods

Member +
im 18 and iv just bought my first rwd car.its the english spec 200sx.delighted.goes well beside the forged glanza:)200 is fully forged with garrett t28turbo.im driving it with my 3rd party extension on my policy.would you not think of doing this if your worried about insurance costs?