New Dyno Result!!

abbott

Member +
Well i have been having problems this week that i smelt fuel through my oil catch tank which wooried me that it was over fueling and washing the bores. So i tried getting through to my mapper from fusion and called and called and left messages and no one returned my calls. So spoke to Gaz turbo and he got me a appointment at Engine Advanages for today to get it checked out on the rollers. Friday came and got it down to Paul, straight away he said its running far to rich so he had to start from scratch on a new map as the emanage ultimate was playing up and he was not happy with the map which fusion had done as fuel to air ratio was completely wrong. After sorting problems out Paul got a good result of 268.2 bhp at the fly 218.4 lbft at 1.5 bar so a bit more boost :p and the car is so different to drive now and runs like a dream.

Big thanks to Gaz turbo, Aze B, Dave Burwash, Starlet Rick for there recommodation for Engine Advantages

here is the graph
DSC00459-1.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

Nice to see you car achieving its real potential James. Paul really is a hard act to follow as a tuner and knows the Starlet inside out now. As I have said many times before, you're buying his many years of tuning experience :)

G

gaz_turbo1

yeah dan he no's he stuff, not sure if he does motec but prob does, you been out it abbott's, whats it like now?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yeah he does motec, ive already chatted to him previously.

Yeah went out in it today, you can really feel the difference in the peaky power to it, 20hp does make a difference on such a tiny car..... as he said he made 248 before the re-tune.....

Alot smoother, quieter, feels much better, definitely.... less popping too...

G

gaz_turbo1

cool, we all knew that his engine/turbo set up had more to give than 250 bhp

abbott

Member +
very good mate. il be taking my car there when my hybrid turns up.. nice figures 2. what mods?

ENGINE
4E-FTE
wossner forged pistons
wossner forged rods
Fully balance bottom end
Gas flowed and polished head
Ported and polished inlet manifold
2mm head gasket
Light weight Crank pully
Custom manifold
Custon pipework
Custom front mount intercooler
Custom oil cooler
Custom oil catch tank
Custom braided oil and clutch lines
Custom turbo water lines
Custom Front exit exhaust (heat wrapped)
HKS GT25/30 roller bearing turbo
HKS air filter
HKS ssqv blow off valve
HKS actuator
Greddy emanage ultimate with main, injector and ignition harnesses
Greddy emanage 3bar pressure sensor
Greddy knock sensor adaptor
Greddy Profec B boost controller
Sard 550cc injectors
Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
Magnecor 8.5mm leads
NGK Iridium plugs
Blue hoses
Standard Gearbox
Exedy Organic Clutch

G

gaz_turbo1

it's up to abbott to say what he found out about his map today

gv1.3

Admin
Paul, straight away he said its running far to rich so he had to start from scratch on a new map as the emanage ultimate was playing up and he was not happy with the map which fusion had done as fuel to air ratio was completely wrong.

^^^he already said

good result there hope you are happy with it

BallıGee

Member +
ENGINE
4E-FTE
wossner forged pistons
wossner forged rods
Fully balance bottom end
Gas flowed and polished head
Ported and polished inlet manifold
2mm head gasket
Light weight Crank pully
Custom manifold
Custon pipework
Custom front mount intercooler
Custom oil cooler
Custom oil catch tank
Custom braided oil and clutch lines
Custom turbo water lines
Custom Front exit exhaust (heat wrapped)
HKS GT25/30 roller bearing turbo
HKS air filter
HKS ssqv blow off valve
HKS actuator
Greddy emanage ultimate with main, injector and ignition harnesses
Greddy emanage 3bar pressure sensor
Greddy knock sensor adaptor
Greddy Profec B boost controller
Sard 550cc injectors
Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
Magnecor 8.5mm leads
NGK Iridium plugs
Blue hoses
Standard Gearbox
Exedy Organic Clutch

very nice spec engine mate
will be putting a very similar engine to yours into a mates car this weekend
you know who?
:quadgt:

sx_turbo

Lifer
nice result there james, bet your well chuffed.

i personally dont think much of engine advantages, but he seems to have done good for you.

Hi,

Good to hear you'v had it sorted.

By the way, what design manifold are you using? Your torque seems quite low in comparison to possibly the turbo's capabilities, but it may even be that its too big a turbo?. Could be something to do with the way you've set it all up? Whats spool like on the turbo, ( sorry Im at work and I carnt view the graph due to the way the systems are here ) .

Fusion Ed

Fresh Recruit
Abbott, I tried to return your call twice over a week ago.

The was nothing wrong with my map. I will stand up and state that and have the data to prove it.

Any number of external factors could have changed to cause it to read rich eg more boost than it was set up for, even the summer weather. I did say it would need looking at once it got warmer (Its impossible to check all correction factors on one mapping session). Other tuners should know this and be more professional and not be so quick to comment on others work when they dont know the conditions under which the car was set up and tested. Most assume they know best when frankly most dont know beyond the user interface on their laptop, let alone at component level how the e-manage works.

There is always going to be room for critism its a fact of life, but to state I had got it completely wrong is pure and utter nonsense. Its a shame in this instance that you have gone to another tuner, the car had plenty of potential left and I was looking forward to seeing more.

Ed