New exhaust manifold question/hks actuator

I have installed a new exhaust manifold.
Let it skimmed and after the install i have tested it but the boost didn't went any higher then 0,72 bar (with a peak of 0,82). (stock boost without Solonoid i think)
Is this possible because of the standard actuator and that i need a hks actuator?

Thanks in advance.

scot-ish

Member +
you have got it one mate, the standard actuator is not adjustable, you need the have ana adjustable acuator

GTnomez

Member +
you spring in the actuator will become weaker over time so that could easily be the problem.

If its boosting less the it should can be the actuator or you mite have a blow. have you checked for any leaks in the manifold

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I have installed a new exhaust manifold.
Let it skimmed and after the install i have tested it but the boost didn't went any higher then 0,72 bar (with a peak of 0,82). (stock boost without Solonoid i think)
Is this possible because of the standard actuator and that i need a hks actuator?

Thanks in advance.

Why should it be boosting higher than that if you only have a stock actuator and no boost controller (I assume)?

Stock boost is 0.6 so by removing the solenoid and with whatever mods you do have, the boost has raised slightly. The boost will be dropping higher in the revs due to the weak stock actuator but you don't want to be boosting any higher as you'll hit the fuel cut anyway... unless you have an fcd or similar.

You need to give a bit more information to get a proper answer.

Why should it be boosting higher than that if you only have a stock actuator and no boost controller (I assume)?

Stock boost is 0.6 so by removing the solenoid and with whatever mods you do have, the boost has raised slightly. The boost will be dropping higher in the revs due to the weak stock actuator but you don't want to be boosting any higher as you'll hit the fuel cut anyway... unless you have an fcd or similar.

You need to give a bit more information to get a proper answer.

ok!
Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust
Zisco decat
Chrome exhast mani (been skimmed)
Jam race ecu
Blitz SBC-ID III EBC

Could it be the actuator with this info?
btw no shaft play...

WallaceGlanza

Member +
If the manifold is leaking slightly then it could be that but I would recommend getting an hks actuator anyway as it will control the boost better, it is likely that the drop in boost is due to the weak standard actuator though.

If you get a better intercooler to go with the other mods then you can turn the boost upto 1 bar happily, with the stock top mount one the intake temps will be getting a bit high at that boost.

HKS actuator, next on my list to order and sorry to mentioned that i have a wepr FMIC :slap:
How tight must the bolts be tightened on the block and the turbo? does anyone know...

Today i've tested it and the boost will go above 1 bar, but not remains there very long, boost drops to 0,72 after a few seconds and stays there... could it be the actuator for sure?
Mani is not leaking anymore, tightened the bolts to ensure.