New head unit..?

Duff

Member +
Well my 11 month old dvd head unit decided to pack in today! Will turn on but wont play cds/dvds or tune into radio stations!!:shoot: ..So I'm on the lookout for a decent head unit..want something that has cd/mp3 capability and is nice looking.. Doesnt really matter if its double or single DIN really..Whats out there ont he market at the minute without costing a kidney?

Thanks guys! :D

Duff

Member +
Cheers lads, that site looks great! ...Yeah I had a Sony headunit in older cars and they truly are awful for such a good brand name!..I'll have a look around that site now! :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
pioneer, alpine or jvc.

alpine are expensive and the majority look wank, but they have decent sound qaulity, but just dont offer much for price performance

jvc are a fantastic all rounder for price gives a much better sound qaulity than they should for the price, most come feature packed, and are pretty cheap.

pioneer is pretty much the same as the jvc, but tend to look more classy, and have a very slight better sound qaulity.

also look into FLI audio to, there stuff sounds really rather good ya know.

and stay away from halfords ripspeed brand, absolutely diabolicle.

sony's also look nice but tend not to last very long and there sound qaulity leaves a lot to be desired. although most are feature packed.

www.caraudiodirect.com

or

www.bassjunkies.com

ebay's also really good

monka

Member +
jvc is crap tbh.

my mate brought one last year, the place had sold all its old stock and gave a the next launched one and a step up. never really did much,

put in a 2 year old apline into the same system, and the difference was a amazing.

tbh, for a decent jvc your paying 140ish, on the net you can spend the same price on an alpine, and get much better results

Sticks

Member +
I have had my jvc with the 12 disc changer for 3 and half years now and it has been in three cars of mine and never gone wrong and still plays spot on.

The good thing about it is that i have never seen anyone with the same one, so it always looks like it is a new type :D

monka

Member +
yeah, but thats only 20 quid, or there are a few a couple steps down that arent quite as good, or if ya look around you can get the ida ipod only headunits for that price. it really is just down to what you are after, give us a spec.

cd/ipod etc. preouts

Fishy89GT

Banned
pioneer or alpine for me....owned both a pioneer x1, and a cheapish alpine headunit, which was excellent for the price.