New mani was all going so well...

CMR

Member +
Took the rad out, took the decat off, took the mani off, stripped mani from old turbo.
To say im not very mechanically minded I was doing really well!

Then i thought i'd test the new mani before fitting it to the turbo

08052009671.jpg

Slight problem, my decat's lambda is at an angle so is catching the pipe to the wastegate.
Having a quick look on the net the Autobahn decats lambda is vertical so wouldnt catch.. but...

Im losing faith.. I know its only a small issue but theres more and more recently that are adding up and costing a fortune. I only went hybrid CT9 to stop creep from my CT9, but lo and behold the Hybrid creeps to 1 bar! So I go external gate to find I cant even fit it arghhh

Car is in the garage now turbo less, and all the standard parts are sat in the corner and I cant help but think "do I put it back to standard and get rid" as I know il never get what I want with mods on it :(:(

Hmm...:rolleyes:

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
if you need to drive the car asap, just take the screamer off and put a very slight bend in it where it touches the sensor

Rory

Lifer
Thats a minor issue buddy.
Easiest thing to do is get a local fabricator to change the position of the lambda port.
Wont cost much either.

CMR

Member +
Thats the pipe to the wastegate tho gaz not the screamer, wastegate connects at the bottom.

I guess i could get the pipe moved slightly instead of a different decat but Its all more work!

edit @ Rory, Yeah i'd considered that but i've nothing to put on the car whilst I take the decat somewhere, the car is a daily drive so I need it back on the road for monday. Ive no idea of any places near me who do exhausts etc either :(

lleey2k4

Member +
Is that zisco mani? Dont they do a matching Downpipe as that mani will more than likely move the turbo. So you might have other issues (maybe)

CMR

Member +
Is that zisco mani? Dont they do a matching Downpipe as that mani will more than likely move the turbo. So you might have other issues (maybe)

It keeps the stock position afaik, but maybe I should of got one of the decats after all!

Just checking now Rory, what would be easier move the lambda hole or move the pipework on the mani slightly?
The mani would be easier for me as I can just refit the SPS one for now

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
so does it actually touch?, and is the wastgate braced,
because if it dont touch and is braced it will be fine, bit of heatwrap around it and will be fine

CMR

Member +
Yeah it touches, cant get the mani onto the head at the bottom for it hitting the lambda.
It needs moving about 15mm to be able to fit

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
well it sounds like to do the job properly you have to get your wallet out again and move thee sensor over abit

y3Lo

Member +
know how you feel mate, my starlet was running like a bag of sh!t for ages, went to fit my wickedEP power up kit and thought i could 'adapt' the top mount to fit....coudnt...so waited 5 weeks while the car was off the road for a fmic to suit, FINALLY fitted it all and turbo starts smoking lol. hybrid on order now though, more money..

good luck with the zisco mani, they do look good, as lleey2k4 says it may move the turbo and have other issues mate.

ChrisGT

Member +
My idea is.....plug up the lambda hole (spark plug) take it for a good drive so it gets nice and hot, and try prise the ext w/g pipe forward slightly. You'll no longer be able to bolt it to the brace, but it should clear the sensor enough, bit of heat wrap to stop rubbing will help too.

What about getting a bar and tapping it against the pipe thats touching the sensor make a nice curved indent so it fits.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
The best and easiest option would be to get the lambda hole changed to a different position. none of this faffing about modifying a perfectly good manifold. the problem with bending the external wastegate pipe would be it interfearing with the radiator.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Its not a big problem mate and you knew it might happen. Just try to get the lambda port moved, you can run without the lambda until you get it done - the car will just run rich, which you probably won't even notice since you get crap mpg anyway!:p

Looking at your's it seems it may fit mine fine after all!:p