new member here from suffolk

nickyb

Fresh Recruit
hi there new member here great site got all greta info justwondered if anyone nose where i can get a brand new ct9 turbo from because cant find one anywhere many thanks nick

dac69er

Super Moderator
toyota, about £1000 mate.

best bet is to either upgrade, get your current one rebuilt or buy a good used one.

im not that far from stanton mate, what does your starlet look like, ill watch out for it :)

nickyb

Fresh Recruit
toyota, about £1000 mate.

best bet is to either upgrade, get your current one rebuilt or buy a good used one.

im not that far from stanton mate, what does your starlet look like, ill watch out for it :)

thanks mate, its a silver glanza n reg with black rims and big front mount intercooler

*starlet_babe*

Member +
Hey Hun,

I'm not that far from you either only in Norfolk, not quite as close as Duncan but not far away either. As has been said best bet is to upgrade or have your rebuilt if possible. Maybe locally a place to try is http://www.essexturbos.com/index.aspx I haven't used them but have spoken to them recently and they were really helpful. might be worth a shot.

Welcome to the club btw :D

xx

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Welcome matey, I heard there was another silver glanza around my way.

Think its time for a spray job lol, 2 silver ones have popped up now since ive had mine lol :haha:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Welcome matey, I heard there was another silver glanza around my way.

Think its time for a spray job lol, 2 silver ones have popped up now since ive had mine lol :haha:

just do what i do mate and keep buying them up so only you have the silver ones ;)

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
just do what i do mate and keep buying them up so only you have the silver ones ;)

Would be quite expensive to keep buying glanzas tho lol :haha:

@ Lawrence - Yeah ive seen him before, hes gave me the thumbs up but never spoke to him. I stay clear of Ipswich now. Im targetted by the police they dont seem to like me or my car lol always trying to fine me or do a vosa check on me and i dont need the hassle tbh.

Lawrence

Member +
Would be quite expensive to keep buying glanzas tho lol :haha:

@ Lawrence - Yeah ive seen him before, hes gave me the thumbs up but never spoke to him. I stay clear of Ipswich now. Im targetted by the police they dont seem to like me or my car lol always trying to fine me or do a vosa check on me and i dont need the hassle tbh.

No what you mean i had a vosa check last time they were doing it at the portman carpark, big waste of time the guy turned round and said your car is good as gold.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
No what you mean i had a vosa check last time they were doing it at the portman carpark, big waste of time the guy turned round and said your car is good as gold.

I got a fine for a loud exhaust even tho they couldnt tell me what a standard glanzas desibel for its exhaust was, Twats! Only got 90db lol. they said oh standard is probably around 60, lol useless pricks. also tried to give me 3 points for pillar pod gauges saying they impaired my vision and they could charge me with driving without due care :confused: i was like wtf! hate traffic police, useless c***** lol. anyway spamming the thread welcome again mate.

Have to have a suffolk meet soon theres quite a few starlets about now :rockon:

nickyb

Fresh Recruit
what is actually wrong with yours mate? is it just smoking?

yeah wen drive it normaly or flat out fine, soon as it idles at junction or traffic lights etc u get the smell of burning oil then a blue haze out the exhaust, inlet side of the turbo is covered in oil, i wash it off and in 2-3days it gets all oil i have checked the shaft and no play in the bearings and both turbine blades look ok i reckon its the oil seal on the way out wot do u think?:confused:

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds like it mate.
do you still have the standard inlet with the breather pipe from the cam cover feeding into it?