###New TMD Thermal Inlet Gasket###

Heat management is an area that is often ignored during engine modification. Power & heat go together - neither is available without the other, and although some heat is needed (the engine must reach & maintain it's full working temperature), waste heat must be carefully controlled
This Thermal Inlet Gasket will help prevent heat from conducting from the cylinder head casting into the inlet manifold.
In theory, because of the cooler & denser inlet charge, a small & immediate power increase should be evident (if you can run a little more ignition timing before pre-ignition occurs then power should rise), but their main strength will be in helping to keep temperatures under control during & after prolonged engine use.
Thermal Inlet Gaskets (T.I.G.s) - to reduce heat-soak from the cylinder head to the inlet manifold.

Drag race or pit-lane situations where a stationary warm-up period is unavoidable will always result in high inlet manifold temperatures (so making immediate power levels suffer), while hot starting after a period of engine shut-down will also be helped.
24 deg C drop in manifold temperature have been recorded during a pit lane simulation (i.e. engine up to full operating temperature while stationary, then shut-down for a short period before re-start).

This 4mm thick high performance composite gasket is paper coated on both sides to aid sealing. The gasket kit will also include insulating washers (to help slow down heat transfer along the studs) with 50mm studs (M8 only) and stainless nyloc nuts & washers.

P1013969-1.jpg

P1013970-1.jpg

Link Here

dac69er

Super Moderator
will you need to skim anything off the inlet flange to allow for the extra thickness or will it be ok?
i know the ones for the GT4 need to be skimmed.

was thinking about this as one of my next mods as i noticed how hot the inlet gets after prolonged use.

gv1.3

Admin
nice offering Dave. I remember a lad was experimenting with these back on the old TGTT site a few years ago but dont think much came of it. Good to see another new product for members - well done.

will you need to skim anything off the inlet flange to allow for the extra thickness or will it be ok?
i know the ones for the GT4 need to be skimmed.

was thinking about this as one of my next mods as i noticed how hot the inlet gets after prolonged use.

They are only 4mm thick so should be fine Duncan

riko666

Member +
nice offering Dave. I remember a lad was experimenting with these back on the old TGTT site a few years ago but dont think much came of it. Good to see another new product for members - well done.

Quite the contrary - he had excellent results, and has sold quite a few, I've been rocking one for about 3 years now, it makes a tangible physical difference...as in, touching the intake manifold, I can't/won't comment on power figures as its not really a "power adder" modification. But suffice to say, they work well

gv1.3

Admin
I meant not much came of it on the old site. I remember the thread but I dont remember much follow up from anyone.

Good to hear they make a difference, they have been proven to make a significant difference on other engines so I guess there is no reason they wouldnt do the same on our lumps

riko666

Member +
Oh right, yeah, as you know its very hard to get TGTT members going for a product when there's relatively little knowledge of the person selling it, which was a shame as that guy is a huge source of knowledge for EP/EL sites (if anyone's ever used "Tercelreference...well...he's the creator).

And definitely it should make a difference - apparently an old rule of thumb is that a 1degree (celsius) drop in intake temperature, once corrected for fuelling, roughly equates to a 1% increase in horsepower, or 1hp...I forget...the one I bought recorded something like a 12-15degree temperature drop! Whilst 12-15%/12-15hp is obviously VERY optimistic, its very obvious that there are gains to be had as with the cooler intake charger you can slightly advance the timing for a fuller burn and slightly more aggressive mapping as you increase the detonation threshold and bla bla bla

Great item

sx_turbo

Lifer
excellent idea dave, i was just thinking about these the other week when i took my head off,

now you've saved me the time and effort to get one made,

top work :)