New to TGTT :-)!

Schism

Fresh Recruit
Hey TGTT community!

I have a serious problem which many of you at TGTT may be familiar with… I’ve fallen in love with the EP82. I've been to the Doctors and they said there wasnt much they could do, as the problem was too aggressive to treat and the only way to control it was to be referred to this owners club :) . In all honesty I wasn’t aware of my ailment untill about 2 month ago after cruising behind one on some idle Sunday. I did a little research into them and was gob smacked at the spec for such a little car. Bizarrely, now that I am aware of their existence I see them about in my town more frequently, filling my eyes up with envy.

I’m 20 and coming up to my first year of driving (getting my first 1 year NCB!) :D and I’ve already been looking around to buy one. Hunted around for some insurance quotes, and the price is reasonable considering the price I pay currently for my punto! Just looking to buy a EP82 for reasonable price that reflects any modifications (if any).

In the mean time I was wondering if fellow EP82 owners could share their driving experiences with me to fuel my passion for owning one, or if there is anything I’m missing out on the Glanza then your opinions are appreciated.

I know the EP82 and 91 aren’t the fastest things out there, but I've seen the videos and for the price and engine size I want to know if I’ll feel the power when I’m putting the petal to the metal. I wanna be pushed back deep into my seat. :p

- Dave

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey dude.

lol welcome to the site.

Ive had mine 3 years, has always put a smile on my face & still suprises alot of cars!

Happy posting.

Craig

Lifer
Welcome!

Going from a Punto to a Starlet, you will definately feel the power pushing you back in to your seat (even with a Standard one). The problem is, after a few weeks, it no longer feels fast enough. So... What can you do? Well... that's when the modding and bankruptcy begins. There is so much you can do to these little cars performance wise, so it's extremely difficult not to continue improving them.

They are truely addictive. Many members on here will have had a number of Starlets. Various other owners will have upgraded to RX7's, 200SX's, Evo's, Scoobs etc... One common theme? The majority of them end up buying another Starlet.

You will be very happy owning one.

Schism

Fresh Recruit
Thankyou for the reply guys. I'm aware of the potential for modding, and the consequences on the bank for doing so! But some certain mods are pretty common amongst starlets. As im searching the classifieds here and other places of interest on the internet that sell these cars, most already come with some modifcations and are for sale pretty cheaply, re-located air filter, front mount intercooler etc.

In a sense, im alittle scared as well as excited for owning a GT Turbo. I'm not much of a speed demon, but it's comforting to know that there is power there if you slammed the pedal down. There are too many idiots in this town that spin around in there done up 1.2L NA cars with bodykits and tunes bangin' etc and for once it would be nice just to blitz past to show them a piece of mind.

But with it comes for the fear of not being ready to handle the car :) I guess in some respects its like going from a 50cc rev-and-go scooter to something like a CBR1000 lol scary :p

J

*JO*

welcome :D

i went from a modified corsa b to my little staro and never looked back :D

the guys on here are fab to so will help you all the way

xxx

somal

Member +
u wont regret it, when i got mines it was alittle modded, so i needed suspension for the little power...and then it began

turbojim

Lifer
welcome to the forum mate if you think your addicted now wait till you get it i love mine and wont ever sell it they are amazing little cars:rockon:

Matchew

Member +
Welcome!

Going from a Punto to a Starlet, you will definately feel the power pushing you back in to your seat (even with a Standard one). The problem is, after a few weeks, it no longer feels fast enough. So... What can you do? Well... that's when the modding and bankruptcy begins. There is so much you can do to these little cars performance wise, so it's extremely difficult not to continue improving them.

They are truely addictive. Many members on here will have had a number of Starlets. Various other owners will have upgraded to RX7's, 200SX's, Evo's, Scoobs etc... One common theme? The majority of them end up buying another Starlet.
You will be very happy owning one.

Very true, welcome fella and good luck with the hunt in finding one, myself i would only buy one off a fellow member

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Welcome to the forum.

On another note - Matchew should you not be changing your name is Scoob_Matchew now ? SX is out of date surely.....:)

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Welcome along to TGTT...

I'v had my EP82 for over a year now an i still love it, its an awsome little car and i wont be changing it for a while yet...

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Welcome.

Seeing as you have been bitten so hard by the bug, why not put your name down for the TGTT.com Track Day. Click the link in my sig to check it out.