New To This, EP82 Boost Loss

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
Hey Guys, Im New To This Forum And 'League', Turned 19 Yesterday (13 Jan) And Got A GT Turbo Off A Friend For £1300, Problem Is At High Revs (Approx. 5-6k Rpm) It Loses Boost And Doest Feel Any More Boodt Coming, Once I Reach 5/6,000Rpm It Jut Struggles To Go Higher, Sometimes It Does Mostly Doesn't, Could Any1 Possibly Help?...Appreciated!

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
I Have The Boost Gauge But Its Not Yet Connected, Soon Will Be...If Helps I Can Say That Ive Never Seen The '2 Mode Turbo Gauge' Between Speedo And Rev, It Has Never Gone Passed Halfway Mark

glanzanut

Lifer
u will need to connect the gauge bud and see what boost its actually running, then take it from there :freddy:

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
ooo...ouch...il bare that in mind...ill be off and back on tmoro with an update on what boost its runnin...thanks for help soo far.... This Is What Its Like Atm :)

Last edited:

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
So far what ive done is connected my boost gauge but not read the boost yet as it was night and didnt connect lighting to it....also the boost pipe has been sorted, however still boost loss and what was discovered was on the bottom left when i open up the bonnet....there is the breathing valve which seems most people remove, it was held on by some silivon as it had broke...and silicon is not there and the breather valve is loose meanin everytime i put my foot down it must move out of position slightly not having full air...could this be it?

Mikey4410

Member +
Oh right,was going to say that if u lived local woulda been more than happy to help you out with the guage etc....recently fitted one in mine.have exact same car as you bro!!!!! Looks awesome

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
lol thanks...gettin the gauge in wasnt a problem jus gonna wire up for lighting power tmoro....the boost is the main of worries

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
i dont see a paragraph mate ..but like everyone above says weve got to find out what boost it is running to see if your hitting fuel cut do you know how to wire the lighting up for it? and what pipe is it thats got silicone on exactly?

thx neal

pics of under the bonnet may help us a little bit aswell buddy

Last edited:

X Stig X

Fresh Recruit
I shall take pictures and upload them to show what i meant by the breather had silicon to keep it held and isnt secure at the moment, also will check readings on boost, i know so far 1st gear is at 0.6 i will check 2nd and 3rd

GT_Chris

Member +
Yeh take some pics mate so we no what breather your on about, but it sounds like your on about the Recirclating valve to me on the EFi pipe?