Newbie after advice

scott1988

Fresh Recruit
Hi All,

First ill say hi, im new to this forum. i joined just to get some info on the starlet glanza V turbo.
am after some information...

how much should i roughly pay for a glanza?
where could i get insurance as there imports?
mpg standard?...roughly when tuned??
what can the standard engine take BHP wise?
i like the look of the glanza but not keen on the interior...any options that i could change the look?
reliability?

sorry for all the questions but i like to know these things before i actually decide on getting one.

any more information you wanna give me then fire away!

thanks

scott

Nwimie

Member +
Welcome mate.

glanza you will probley pay between 4,000 - £5,000 for a decent one.-- have a look in the for sale section.
Lots of places for insurance , sky,adrian flux, etc etc
not sure on MPG i have got 300+ miles to a tank £40 more than once.

can easily get the engines upto 180bhp not a bother with a few mods.
+ reliability ive had mine over a year and the only problem was a split cv gaitor lol. so bloody excelent when looked after!

:D

59bhp

Member +
when looked after they are bulletproof,

when neglected or badly tuned they become very unreliable very quickly!

glanzanut

Lifer
Hi All,

First ill say hi, im new to this forum. i joined just to get some info on the starlet glanza V turbo.
am after some information...

how much should i roughly pay for a glanza?
where could i get insurance as there imports?
mpg standard?...roughly when tuned??
what can the standard engine take BHP wise?
i like the look of the glanza but not keen on the interior...any options that i could change the look?
reliability?

sorry for all the questions but i like to know these things before i actually decide on getting one.

any more information you wanna give me then fire away!

thanks

scott

hi bud how much u pay will depend on whether u want a pre face lift model or not. as for the interior some came with recaro seats which look a lot better. anyway welcome to the site matey hope to see you with a yummy glanza soon :):):)

hey and welcome to the site!!!

and why not get a GT? easier to insure by far, correct me if im wrong but Glanzas are usualy hard to insure as not alot of companys insure them!

as for a gt i have a mate sellin 1 at a bargain price! and the car is well looked after and has low mileage!!!

scott1988

Fresh Recruit
cheers thanks for the comments.
i like the styling of the glanza more thats why i choose that over a gt.
sounds like good cars.
so the tank hold about £40?

59bhp

Member +
at the mo yeah its about 40 quid from absolutly empty to brimming. Course it depends on how much fuel is round your way lol.

Im getting an average of 40mpg on my stock engine, but thats mainly motorway driving and i dont hang about. Obviously this differs if your only doing short journeys etc

scott1988

Fresh Recruit
orite cool..so realy running cost aint that bad.
just been lookin around the site and seeing fair few people with blown pistons etc... startin to wonder if there easy to blow?
ive never had a turbo car before so i dont no much about the boost controllers and other gadgets i see in peoples cars. all i no is the standalone management.

so ive herd the standard engines can take upto 210bhp? what cost would enable for a hybrid and what would you need? what would the 0-60 times estimate with hybrids and using the stock ct9 turbo

thanks for all your info neways guys. much more help than the toyota owners club lol

59bhp

Member +
just been lookin around the site and seeing fair few people with blown pistons etc... startin to wonder if there easy to blow?
ive never had a turbo car before so i dont no much about the boost controllers and other gadgets i see in peoples cars. all i no is the standalone management.

so ive herd the standard engines can take upto 210bhp? what cost would enable for a hybrid and what would you need? what would the 0-60 times estimate with hybrids and using the stock ct9 turbo

thanks for all your info neways guys. much more help than the toyota owners club lol

i was in exactly the same position as you about a year ago, my advise to just do your research thoroughly before undertaking any modification. Theres plenty of advice and technical support on here so just read up as much as you can about everything starlet related and you will soon get the hang of it.

Someone more knoledgable will advise you about the hybrid stuff. But you have to take into consideration your engines mileage, previous treatment etc before upping the power as this will bring out any imperfections already in your engine.....usually with a bang.

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
yeah was in exactly the same position as you and 59bhp about a year ago aswell but thanks to this site ive learned nearly everything ive had to learn...so welcome to the site bud and good luck with purchasing your glanza..

No they arent easily blown but if you dont do things correctly they will blow, as with any car.
The standard engine is good for around 200-220BHP depending on condition but a few guys running 240BHP on standard engine with no problems so far.
As for going Hybrid im considering this myself or a Blitz K1 (very hard to get a good one of these) you will need the Hybrid Turbo itself along with actuator, a new manifold (mild steel braced) Decat (Braced) then some form of management either e-manage,Jam ECU etc etc to get the best out of your new turbo or you could sort out the fueling but this wont get the best out of your new setup. Also recomend a FMIC, relocate air filter to the front.
Then not to forgot handling mods, strut brace, springs/shocks, uprated discs and pads.
All the cost depends on what brand of parts you want to go for price around in our traders forums.
Welcome to the site and they really are great wee cars if treated correctly but if you dont do it right it can go horribly wrong!!!
Christy