Newbie question...so please, please help!!!

MiamiTercel

Fresh Recruit
Gotta sound dramatic on the thread title or you guys won't answer...:) I've had my 97 tercel for a while with a 4EFTE running stock 9psi. I don't have a boost controller and the lines that connect to it are opened...does it affect performance? I think it does but not sure about it. Another question, if I buy a boost controller and an FCD, how much more can I boost?
Thanks for the help...

sx_turbo

Lifer
dont get what you mean mate.

to up the boost you will need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, aswell as an fcd.

you can turn it upto 1 bar boost and will need to get the fuelling setup by a tuner.

MiamiTercel

Fresh Recruit
What I meant is that the tubes that connect to a boost controller are opened since I don't have one. Should I put something to cover the wholes?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
What I meant is that the tubes that connect to a boost controller are opened since I don't have one. Should I put something to cover the wholes?

well if theyre connected to the actuator then make sure u have one from the turbo to the actuator.. the rest u dont need.. unless u have an ebc or mbc..

now with a greddy or jam fcd (both are clamp type) u can run up to 12.5psi without needing a rrfpr... over that ur gonna need one :)

max boost u can run with supporting mods on a stock engine is between 16~18psi (depending on the health/condition of ur engine) .. but most ppl like to keep it safe here & run a max of 15psi on a stock engine..

kon

MiamiTercel

Fresh Recruit
well if theyre connected to the actuator then make sure u have one from the turbo to the actuator.. the rest u dont need.. unless u have an ebc or mbc..

now with a greddy or jam fcd (both are clamp type) u can run up to 12.5psi without needing a rrfpr... over that ur gonna need one :)

max boost u can run with supporting mods on a stock engine is between 16~18psi (depending on the health/condition of ur engine) .. but most ppl like to keep it safe here & run a max of 15psi on a stock engine..

kon

Thanks a lot for the help...15psi is what I'm want.

MiamiTercel

Fresh Recruit
The rrfpr is the same as any adjustable fuel pressure regulator right? I see a lot of the adjustable ones with a gauge on ebay...are those used the same way?