Next Mod ???

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
Hi Everyone, i have a 96 Glanza with only basic mods which include ...... 5zigen cat back system, Blitz Sonic Power induction kit, Blitz ss bov, hi/lo boost solenoid bypassed, apexi boost gauge. Although its running like a dream and reliable i would like it to be faster so if anyone can give me some sensible advice on my next mod/s that would be great !!? :drive:

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
yes mate ive heard they are good mods but just wondering if it would hit fuel cut with those mods ?? plus i have air-con so how much of a bitch would it be to remove old manifold and fit new one ?

durmz

Member +
if you want a good power upgrade without the pains of boost creep, fmic is ure next move mate, gives a decent power hike for sure, ide recomend a hdi, thas gonna be my next move and ive pretty much got same setup as you atm mate, except i got a decat too.

problems with boost creep seem to vary from car to car, but its likely to happen when u improve the breathing

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
cheers marco, so im guessing thats the right order to do all those mods ? ps, is sorting my fueling out not my first priority ??

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmm removing the manifold is a bitch but not rly hard..get a decent decat downpipe, a FMIC and a mani, them do a nice induction for the turbo to breathe..then get a nice decent management (emanage or better) to achieve 200bhp-ish

durmz

Member +
hmm removing the manifold is a bitch but not rly hard..get a decent decat downpipe, a FMIC and a mani, them do a nice induction for the turbo to breathe..then get a nice decent management (emanage or better) to achieve 200bhp-ish

doubt it mate... gonna need a hybrid i rekon to hit the 200, and a proper fresh engine.

MarcoFTE

Member +
Fuelling is important when the boost is being raised.
The uprated manifold is mostly important because it's very restrictive and causes problems with higher boost.
I would go for the manifold/decat/FMIC first, after that increasing boost and fueling :) with the CT9. If that isn't enough :p you can change turbo to a hybrid or TD04 for example with additional mods to keep your engine in good condition.

durmz

Member +
Fuelling is important when the boost is being raised.
The uprated manifold is mostly important because it's very restrictive and causes problems with higher boost.
I would go for the manifold/decat/FMIC first, after that increasing boost and fueling :) with the CT9. If that isn't enough :p you can change turbo to a hybrid or TD04 for example with additional mods to keep your engine in good condition.

yeeahhh ide say so tooo....but getting mani and decat with stock topmount gets everything hot and bothered...better togo frount mount first ide say mate, hdi cooler, 300 quid, ule get good results, and wont have the hassle of boost creep

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
o.k but without soundind thick ...... what is a hdi cooler ? the main reason why i posted this question on what mods to go for next is because i dont know what order to do them all in !!! ? ........ cant afford to do them all at once u see :( thanx for ur help lads !!

durmz

Member +
o.k but without soundind thick ...... what is a hdi cooler ? the main reason why i posted this question on what mods to go for next is because i dont know what order to do them all in !!! ? ........ cant afford to do them all at once u see :( thanx for ur help lads !!

lol sorry mate thas my bad, hdi intercooler, just a front mount intercooler.

if ure not sure what order u wanna do things, just browse the forum for a while, dont rush into anything, u ent gotta ask questions, everyone else asks the questions, u can just learn lol, make sure YOU know what u want mate!

and dont forget brakes when ure upping power, often over looked, helps the car to be faster aswell..and safer

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
Cheers for the link Chris :) ...... and thanx for ur advice durmz, i have uprated pads on the front and with my current mods the brakes seem fine ! but i will make sure i upgrade them again if i do anymore engine mods . Cant beleive how helpfull everyone is on this site its great :)

MrGlanzza81

Fresh Recruit
hey durmz mate, i know u said u have a de-cat but have you changed ur manifold ?? ...... im guessin u have cause it would make sense to do both at the same time rite ?

durmz

Member +
hey mate na ive just got a decat on mine atm, saving up for a mani worth getting mate...and plus summit breaks every week on mine it seems so not getting much closer :homer: lol but when i got the decat i hit fuelcut, had to get w'gate ported, wich can be a pain

MarcoFTE

Member +
Changing the decat is easier and shorter in time to do then the manifold.
Manifold requires to take off the turbo too. Decat is just the original cat that needs to be removed before fitting the decat :)