NFS shift!

durmz

Member +
how is it compared to the last one? ie gameplay, options, everything really? thinking about it, but the last nfs was shit i thought :/

bildo

Member +
I really can't get used to it, I've got an AE86 too, the car choices are great. Drifting is damn near impossible and I'm really quite good at drifting on Forza. It's tried to make itself like a simulation but it just doesn't feel like you're driving a real car sometimes.

Am I the only one that feels that way?

durmz

Member +
more like forza then? no? maybe? lol
currently working through forza 2, may keep at that until shift decreses in price..

durmz

Member +
I really can't get used to it, I've got an AE86 too, the car choices are great. Drifting is damn near impossible and I'm really quite good at drifting on Forza. It's tried to make itself like a simulation but it just doesn't feel like you're driving a real car sometimes.

Am I the only one that feels that way?

this is what I was afraid of, the last games had shit simulation too i thought

Sparky

Member +
Its pretty realistic and you can set up cars pretty realisticly, not played much of it saving it for tonight, proper gaming session when everyone comes over ;)

Shame I havent got online :(

Tracks are very realistic,graphics, sound effects petty good all round game, handling took a bit of getting used to after DIRT2 lol

durmz

Member +
Its pretty realistic and you can set up cars pretty realisticly, not played much of it saving it for tonight, proper gaming session when everyone comes over ;)

Shame I havent got online :(

Tracks are very realistic,graphics, sound effects petty good all round game, handling took a bit of getting used to after DIRT2 lol

lol, going from slides to grip. what was dirt2 like then? not much cop?

Sparky

Member +
Was crap tbh, may aswell call it Ken Block Rallying!!

Finished it in like 2 days, no proper rallies were your against the clock, the number of stages was utter wank. and no Quattro :shoot:

Trail blazers was pretty good though, the Evo 7 looks exactly like the Norris desgins car!!

bildo

Member +
I didn't enjoy DiRT 2 or NFS Shift personally.

Dirt was just silly, it required next to no skill you could basically be full throttle the whole way around the track.

NFS I just can't get into, part of me thinks it could be really good but I can't put my hand on why I hate it. The drift mode is really quite crap if I'm honest, it's not how cars drift at all and that's the mode I was looking forward to the most.

Personally, if you're tight for money I wouldn't buy either I'd wait for Forza 3 next month as that is nearly guaranteed to be epic.

pig666eon

Member +
forza 3 looks like the game of the year for me i want to see more cars and upgrades

best thing i taught of it was engine transplants and the body kits

bring on the starlets in it that would be crazy to have ha:)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I've put in a good few hours on shift now and I'm loving it actually.

First thing I would suggest doing is turning the steering sensitivity down in the gameplay options (you actually put the speed steering sensitivity to 100% not 0 as I had it on:homer:) as that stops the cars oversteering everywhere which gives it a really crap feeling, my first car - the skyline 2000 gtr:D was almost undriveable before I changed the settings.

I'd say the gamplay lies somewhere between forza and grid and is pretty good, the actual races are quite exciting and satisfying, the faster cars are a bit of a challenge which makes it more enjoyable.

I found the drifting hard to start with but I'm starting to get used to it now - again I think fiddling with the control sensitivity really helps.

My only real complaints are that the tuning is a bit crappy especially when you cant view the car properly to fit the different wheels or bodykits. The other is that you seem to progress too quickly through the game, I would prefer it to take longer before your able to buy the full range of cars and upgrades and the same with the races - I've already unlocked the "tier 4" races yet I've not done a single "tier 3" race??

Overall I'd say its very enjoyable, the only things similar to the previous nfs games is the menu and customisation system, the driving is totally different and much better for it. It won't really compare to forza3 or gt5 (when it eventually comes out) but its good fun like grid was.

Last edited:

Neal Gt

Member +
I've put in a good few hours on shift now and I'm loving it actually.

First thing I would suggest doing is turning the steering sensitivity down in the gameplay options (you actually put the speed steering sensitivity to 100% not 0 as I had it on:homer:) as that stops the cars oversteering everywhere which gives it a really crap feeling, my first car - the skyline 2000 gtr:D was almost undriveable before I changed the settings.

I'd say the gamplay lies somewhere between forza and grid and is pretty good, the actual races are quite exciting and satisfying, the faster cars are a bit of a challenge which makes it more enjoyable.

I found the drifting hard to start with but I'm starting to get used to it now - again I think fiddling with the control sensitivity really helps.

My only real complaints are that the tuning is a bit crappy especially when you cant view the car properly to fit the different wheels or bodykits. The other is that you seem to progress too quickly through the game, I would prefer it to take longer before your able to buy the full range of cars and upgrades and the same with the races - I've already unlocked the "tier 4" races yet I've not done a single "tier 3" race??

Overall I'd say its very enjoyable, the only things similar to the previous nfs games is the menu and customisation system, the driving is totally different and much better for it. It won't really compare to forza3 or gt5 (when it eventually comes out) but its good fun like grid was.

Well said sir, :)
i loving the game, think its a really good game,

Sparky

Member +
Gonna have to fiddle about with the steering sensitivity then, it seems the cars arent even connected to the track and seems a bit floaty sometimes due to the sensitive steering.

qadir786

Fresh Recruit
isit like the older ones where you race around on the street or isit like pro street where its around a race track??? i thought the ones where you get to race on the streets were always better :)

Sparky

Member +
Its on official race tracks this time :)

I agree I do like the street racing need for speeds, undercover etc

durmz

Member +
sort of on topic, sorta not. ive got the sparco evo doing the class A endurance race on forza 2, with a hired driver. it was doing pretty well, slowly going through the ranks, then, on the 3rd lap, it pitted! then on the 6th lap it pitted, i was a bit confused as to why.

stopped it, went into replay, looked at telemetry or whatver is called lol, and the tyres had only worn 12% whys it pitting so often? driver? theres no fuel limit is there?

Sparky

Member +
sort of on topic??? Where in the title does it say Forza 2 help??? :p

Just kidding, not sure why he is doing that maybe a dumb driver, try a different driver or do the race yourself you lazy git :p