no engine management light

Jay

Admin
Check your earth connections. Sometimes a poor one can affect the operation of the diagnostic mode.

StarletNutter

Member +
car won't start,had a quick look last night,one of the wires coming from the icv going into the black plastic cover at the injectors seems to broke,wires feel all brittle from heat,must be more broke in the cover,say that's the problem

StarletNutter

Member +
one of the white wires coming off the icv earths is blowing in the wind lol,peeled back the whole loom rite back to where it splits at the gearbox,and can't find where it goes,also have 3 other wires loose that were sniped inside the little cover,and another connection that's for the hi lo but that don't matter as its gone ages

StarletNutter

Member +
few pics mite help a bit better

these are the 3 wires I don't know what there for

DSC_0062.jpg

the two white wires coming from the icv one goes into the loom the other I don't know

DSC_0063.jpg

this I think is of the hi lo boost solinoid not to sure as that's gone ages ago

DSC_0064.jpg

5e colin

Member +
i think the 3 wire lying on ur leads are 1 for the brake reservoir and 2 to the black vsv behind it on the bulkhead ( the litle unit where the 2 small hard pipes go to manifold and charcoal canister

strip back ur loom small bit moor there might be another white 1 in there that needs earth but not 100% sure on that 1 its bean ages sinds i opened a loom

StarletNutter

Member +
will have another look when I get home from work,seems to have lost power from radfan and fuel pump to,last nite I unbridgd the connection to make the fan run constant and it never came on,and can't here the fuel pump priming either

StarletNutter

Member +
still no joy,peeled back the loom and can't see any where anyone able to check there loom for me where the white wires go from the icv couple of wires join the loom and can't see where the other on goes

StarletNutter

Member +
sound Colin,put all new fuses in and relays this evening so just to figure out the wires,feel like sticking a match to it lol

5e colin

Member +
ha ha ha now u know how i felt a while ago and now mi turbo has gone again its never ending money money money equals 4efte ha ha

whats the story whit the vf ???

StarletNutter

Member +
its a melt give me anything bar wires lol,

its there if you want it that vf don't know what its like,can have it cheap if you want,lying in boot the last few months

5e colin

Member +
edited : black and red goos to all the plugs coming out on the right hand side on my car ???????????????????????? u will have to check whats connected and not

the black and red 1 goos to the vsv ( + pink wire) valve like i first said the earth coming from mani goos same direction to the brake resuvoir earth

the yelow and red goos to resuvoir brown wire u have in the pic ?

Last edited:

StarletNutter

Member +
sound Colin will check when I get home,must get a multi meter on the way home to check for power,I'd rather just pay someone to come an fix it at this stage

StarletNutter

Member +
got my wiring sorted got another bit of loom and everything is sound,fuel pump still not priming or anything and no eml light,cars turning over but won't fire up

Jay

Admin
Getting any power to the fuel pump Alan?

Let whoever did that to your loom know that I have a few bushes out the back that need cutting lol.