No Wheel Spin

STARLET_GT

Fresh Recruit
:(

Guys I have one EP-71 with 4EFTE, car was under paint job for last 10 months actually I was very busy and unable to spare time for it.

Now its nearly completed, there is some missing on idle due to one injector is over fueling a cylinder.

The problem is that car is not spinning wheels on launch. I dont know why it is happening? is it due to over fueling in one cylinder? I will change injectors soon coz one of my friend have the set in spare.

what can be the reason, it got potenza V-III 15" on stock turbo (CT-9)

Thanks
MIZ

Nwimie

Member +
why would you want wheel spin .....

if its missing how are you sure its over fueling on one cylinder only ??

STARLET_GT

Fresh Recruit
I was spinning wheels just to check the state of car's engine, if it is not spinning wheels its mean there is some thing wrong. and I want to know what is actually wrong.

One cylinder is over fueling because one injector is injecting more fuel. I have get it checked with the machanic ... he told me that it is doing so ... although he dont have much time to check the whole car because he was running out of time ...

could you plz tell me the possible reasons.

sx_turbo

Lifer
lol

mate, just because it not spinning wheels dont mean there is a majour problem lol

you have already stated 1 injector is leaking, so because of this the chances are your running on 3 cylinders.

get this sorted before looking for more problems.

there could be other reasons you cant "spin the wheels " (lol, makes me laugh whenever i think about it lol) like maybe a slipping clutch, or if you have aftermarket wheels and tires on you will have more grip.

but dont think for 1 second doing wheel spins is a technical way to tell if your car is buggered or not.

Nwimie

Member +
lol this thread is madness.

think my engine is broke cos my car doesnt wheel spin..... lmao:haha::haha:

looks like you already know the problem. a faulty injector.

+ dont wheel spin your car its bad.

lol

mate, just because it not spinning wheels dont mean there is a majour problem lol

you have already stated 1 injector is leaking, so because of this the chances are your running on 3 cylinders.

get this sorted before looking for more problems.

there could be other reasons you cant "spin the wheels " (lol, makes me laugh whenever i think about it lol) like maybe a slipping clutch, or if you have aftermarket wheels and tires on you will have more grip.

but dont think for 1 second doing wheel spins is a technical way to tell if your car is buggered or not.

I_<3_Boost

Member +
As above my friend, A wheelspin isnt a good way to test your power. and again as everyone has said wheelspin's arent good for your car, YOU WANT GOOD TRACTION!!!
I guarantee if theres a part that isnt working properly, theres a tool or piece of equipment to test it properly, Spinning the wheels to check power is a FAIL

STARLET_GT

Fresh Recruit
Thanks you friends ... :)

as far as the clutch is concern it TRD 3 Puck Metel plate ... so there is no change for slipping ... :) further ... there is some power loose issue ... I will fix the injectors issue and then see what is next ... because when you rev the car ... its seems ok and when you release the clutch ... the engine sound goes down like it is loosing power ...

monka

Member +
well the revs dont stay the same when you just drop the clutch,

sound like ya need to learn to drive and realise what cars do in certain situations

if ya have grippy rear wheels, and have the revs at a set level, when ya release the clutch the revs arent going to stay the same are they

CMR

Member +
well the revs dont stay the same when you just drop the clutch,

sound like ya need to learn to drive and realise what cars do in certain situations

if ya have grippy rear wheels, and have the revs at a set level, when ya release the clutch the revs arent going to stay the same are they

I think saying he needs to learn to drive is a bit harsh :homer:

I understand what he means, even a 1.0 clio for example can wheelspin with full revs, so for it not to wheel spin at all *yes this isnt the best way to test 'power'* then it must be swamped in fuel or the timing is wayyy out?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
i think the simplest way to test is to to change that faulty injector first ! theres no point in starting to think about lsd and so on.. before you have all injectors working properly..(but i do think he should learn how it works exactly lol) (and is he even launching on full revs lmao!!)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
lol yea the guy obviously cant speak full english, and is trying to describe the best he can i think you guys are being very unfair and to be honest quite sad, it must be hard to speak a language that well to describe his problem i certainly couldnt go onto a pakistani website and ask for help?

hes obviously trying to say that the engine has lost power so it cant even spin the wheels, let alone be fast in a straight line etc, not that all he wants to do is wheelspin?

350ep70gr

Member +
lol yea the guy obviously cant speak full english, and is trying to describe the best he can i think you guys are being very unfair and to be honest quite sad, it must be hard to speak a language that well to describe his problem i certainly couldnt go onto a pakistani website and ask for help?

hes obviously trying to say that the engine has lost power so it cant even spin the wheels, let alone be fast in a straight line etc, not that all he wants to do is wheelspin?
X2