noob question :P

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
hi all, im looking at getting a glanza in january and have heard there around 6.9 to 60mph, but i was wondering how that compares to cars like CTR's, would a type R kill it or would the starlet give it a good run?

and if it gets thrashed, what sorta power to beat CTR's would be needed ?

cheers

C

CaL

for a start they dont do 6.9 secs standard on a glanza....more like 7.3 lol....a 150bhp gt would have a good battle against a ctr i think??

dac69er

Super Moderator
if its a newer shape (no the newest) civic type r then you will beat them with 150bhp easy.

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
so with 150bhp i should be beating breadvan shape(53ish) CTR's? :)

im under the impression 150bhp isnt too expensive to achieve on glanzas because they respond well to mods :D

TurboDave

Member +
Na I have to disagree sorry the 197 bhp eg 2003 CTR's are quick cars. Up to 100mph the glanza with 150bhp would just about keep up then it would be over, there is no way a 150bhp glanza would do a CTR.

SaRfI

Member +
im under the impression 150bhp isnt too expensive to achieve on glanzas because they respond well to mods :D
yes mate get full straight through exhuast and airfiltre ,decat,and rasie the boost you would be looking more then 150 mark

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
fair enough then ;), what sorta mods/money would be needed for 150bhp

exhaust cat back - £250?
filter - £100?
..?

C

CaL

so i deffo have over 150bhp?woohoo....:D:D 30 more to go....dave i said a gt not a micra btw! :p

youl need...decat air filter exhaust tmic(rx7) bypass boost and leads and plugs

Rik

Member +
I've played with and killed an old shape CTR with around 190bhp and the newer shapes (not newest, the decent looking ones) haven't been able to keep up with me. Not sure if a standard glanza would beat one though...but I doubt you will be getting one standard?

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
tbh, if i win a ctr upto 100mph ill be happy :D

i hope i can find a glanza thats lowered already, is WRC sales in bradford reliable?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
cal dont just list your spec..

you dont need leads and plugs for that power..

best bet is like already stated:

decat
cat back system eg blitz nur spec etc
filter
if your really tight on cash then a bigger top mount eg rx7..
but if not then a decent fmic will be bout 300 quid..
hks actuator and adjust boost to 1 bar
fuel pressure regulator

that will be roughly the power your looking for, but obviously there would be more items for fine tuning such as the hks f-con or a piggback ecu like e-manage.

but to reach that power its not really too dificult!

TurboDave

Member +
There are loads of the 2003 ish type rs around my place and I know first hand what you need to do them.

When I was running standardish gear but a bit more boost exhaust etc 160bhp maybe I could have CTR's up hills but on the straight after 100 there wasnt much in it.

When I had my rx7 tmic, and a few more bits and bobs maybe 170bhp I could pull a little in the begining but then it would even out at around 100mph still.

CTR's are shit on hills though on the straight they are pretty quick.

I seen one the otherday though what a laugh, he wasnt happy to say the least he was about 20 cars behind by 120 :)

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
well ill be selling my saxo just after xmas and then on the hunt for a glanza :)
heard they handle like crap as standard, which is something thats putting me off.

first mods ill be doing are lowering and tyres to make sure it can handle a corner well, and then either a dump valve, or air filter for some sexy noises :)

im only working part time so mods will be done monthly and not all at once lol..

C

CaL

imo i would rather get a fcd or a actuator than a gay valve.....gay valves are for chavs:p

Adam_Glanza

Member +
just because u dont have a dumpvalve on your car yet cal u really do piss me off lol. whatever you dont have on you car you dont recommend to anybody else ffs.

glanzas dont handle terribly to be honest mate but they arent the best, always a good start to get some decent coilovers and better braking as a base for bigger power!

tosa2tosa

Member +
oh noooo not another saxo owner!!! :p
doesnt handle any worse than saxo
cant have a turbo without a dump valve....its jus rong!
please dont say ur a chav tho?