not enough power

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
can anyone help me out with this.
i only made 137. bhp atf and 165.7 ft lbs of tourque,
why so little at the fly?
my mods are :jam racing ecu,catback exhaust system,trd leads,inductin kit boosting 12.5psi
any comments welcome

bullet

Member +
have you checked what your fueling is doing? is it running to rich or to lean? that was my problem now ive sorted it out my car goes like a dream

C

CaL

mate i would get it mapped properly to make the most of the ecu...the ecu could be making the car run rich or lean so drastically loosing power...you SHOULD see 150-160 bhp from that set up....get it mapped matey.... mate btw too bget a proper decat....gutting your cat wont be as effective as a decat....that will ease power a bit

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
mate i would get it mapped properly to make the most of the ecu...the ecu could be making the car run rich or lean so drastically loosing power...you SHOULD see 150-160 bhp from that set up....get it mapped matey.... mate btw too bget a proper decat....gutting your cat wont be as effective as a decat....that will ease power a bit

The jam racing ecu maps the air/fuel ratio itself,so what else is to map?

@goldenvtr: i am v.pleased with the torque but it should have more power so obviously its losing power somewhere and i just want to find out

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah but dan he should be running a little more power..

torque without bhp isnt much... you really need both....

your car must pick up pretty well though with that torque 180kph

goldenvtr

Member +

i suppose so, but look at starbo gt - he got a similar result...

do you have a graph?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

it does yeah but im getting used to it lol,still at 60kph in 2nd it'd pull the knickers off a nun,while yours would pull the knickers off Holy Mary lol
I like the tourque but you can fell the power is there though

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i suppose so, but look at starbo gt - he got a similar result...

do you have a graph?

i do yea but its v.hard to make out because martins are huge and arn't great with the colour
here's the linkhttp://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=2740371753&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=3435857052

Dan3SGTE

Member +
im not completely sure on what those mods are really supposed to produce but it doesnt sound right concidering just upping the boost should get more power.......

maybe your stock engine was running less then stock.... hmmmm

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
im not completely sure on what those mods are really supposed to produce but it doesnt sound right concidering just upping the boost should get more power.......

maybe your stock engine was running less then stock.... hmmmm

i did up the boost to 1bar for few days until somone broke my boost controller,seemed to have a little bit extra but not much,thought the car might be uder stock alright but look at the tourque figures

Neal

Member +
If you have a cat on get rid of it.

The JAM ecu might be setup for a hybrid or anything mate i would definately see if you can get some mapping done.

Nwimie

Member +
quite a strange result imo. but if someone has simular output then mayb the jam ecu gives you more torque than bhp and like it has been said before you defo need to get it setup to your car mate.